ADSL Service Provider in bkk - Which one?

zion

Hi,

I need to get ADSL 1024/512kpbs access in bkk and was wondering if anyone could recommend, based on their experience, between the three options below (or more if can recommend!):

1) True. Uses TA line. I have used True previously, and although the system is generally stable, downloading does not give me advertised speed rates - and this may or maynot be an ISP thing. Also whenever i called their service center, I've almost always not been able to talk to someone coz "all agents are busy and will call back".

2) TOT. Uses TOT line.

3) KSC. Uses TOT line.

Was interested in reliability, throughputs, bittorrent friendliness (guess by default none of the ISP's are!).

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

using CSLoxinfo 1024/512KBpS with TOT line.

pretty happy; fast; not much downtime; hotline give anwer on problems; 1000THB per month plus VAT

do you have the expectation that you can get to the above speed "advertised", whiich means 1024KBpS download and 512 upload? forget it! those are theoretical figures; real figures depending on traffic, backbone, speed of server the stuff is saved etc.

if i compare the speed of CSLoxinfo with the real speed i can get elsewhere it is comparable to Singapore, faster than mainland china or india, but not as fast as Korea

samak said:

do you have the expectation that you can get to the above speed "advertised", whiich means 1024KBpS download and 512 upload? forget it!

Thanks.

Nah, don't expect the advertised speeds. But I have been surprised at my low download rates with True. As mentioned I dunno if it's my ISP, my settings or something else.

Anyone have KSC experience recently?

In addition to their home packages, true now offers guaranteed bandwidth packages. Sign up for 1mbps and you will get 1mbit, even international 24/7. Cost is around 1000 baht more a month than comparable speed home packages. Have no idea how well they meet their claim or what happens if they don't.

I've used the KSC service for a couple of years now.

Great service and always get the advertised speed.

But it's expensive. They also have a much cheaper package that is comparable to True's in both advertised speed and cost.

Who knows how it will change now that True has bought KSC. But I've been told that True doesn't have a service comparable to the one I'm using, so there shouldn't be much of a change. The KSC staff are being retained by True. The KSC staff were considered very good by the True management.

Archived