Asking for money - twice

think_too_mut

Well, I must have looked like a real idiot last week in BKK. Fith time with the same girl. She got good money and good presents from me. Now, she wants more, only a few days later, asking for money not once, but twice in the same letter.

What should I do?

Tell her that letters like this may only put people off?

Cancel my yahoo account and never talk to her again?

In any case, I am not paying anything.

Her English is not that good to write a message like the one attached, someone else must have done that for her. Does not really sound like her but it came through her mail.

After last week I can't really go to BKK sanuk areas unnoticed - she paraded me through several bars and introduced me to the rest of her friends she had not managed to see during my previous visits. Now, probably more than 50 bar girls from different bars know me by name and usually give me a hug when I greet them. I think I'm really stuffed.

Here is the mail:

XXXXX my darling,

As you know that i want to move to new apartment. Now i like the one apartment, there are including anything inside and comfortable like the hotel. I think you should like it. And i think when you come here you can stay with me at this room. You no need to rent the hotel because it's more expensive. But the problem is i think i can't handle the rental about 7,000 baht everymonth.It's so expensive for me. What do you think about it please tell me. Or may be i'll move to stay at girl's hostel because it's cheaper. But i also want to stay with you when you come to thailand and i don't want you spend to much money for the hotel. Please tell me what do you think?

About my english school on 4th December i must pay for the registeration. Well, will you sent the money to my bank account or Western Union?

Please Take good care of yourself.

Love and miss you so much,

XX

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Lazaro:

Here is the mail:

XXXXX my darling,

"As you know that i want to move to new apartment."

"About my english school on 4th December i must pay for the registeration."

Just asking , but if you already knew about her future expenses , maybe that would have been a good time to confront her on how she expected to pay for all of this.

Five trips , same girl , maybe she was getting ideas in her head about how you felt about her.

What to do ? good question and good luck !!

BadaBing

quote:

Originally posted by BadaBing:

Just asking , but if you already knew about her future expenses , maybe that would have been a good time to confront her on how she expected to pay for all of this.

Five trips , same girl , maybe she was getting ideas in her head about how you felt about her.

BadaBing

Yeah, that English school, no problem paying for it, but when we went there it was this week to submit the application, then one hour test withinh next 2 weeks and only if she passes the fee is to be paid. Right now, it's only 300 Bht to sit for the test, not worth bothering.

I thought she had understood that submitting the application (that we filled in together) does not mean a seat on the course.

And that new apartment: last week it was 3600Bht, she showed me on the map where it was. As her current place (been there) is 3000Bht, I did not question on how she was going to pay only 600Bht more per month.

Is her memory that short - she raised the price to 7000Bht today.

Yes, BadaBing, you are right, 5 trips (weeks) this year and always the same girl.

What keeps me coming back to her is one distinctive advantage she has always had - I can have long conversations with her. She would note everything new in a notebook -words, phrases, song lyrics, let me scatch in there while explaining things to her...The notebook is about 70 pages full now.

One more thing: she likes to walk. Anywhere we go, if it is not bucketing down, we walk if it is under 40 minutes and the area is not a spagetti junction or similar.

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: Lazaro ]

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: Lazaro ]

It sounds like a half-way decent bar girl and request. Rent might be a tad too high but should try to verify it.

I am all for helping her out (school, training, etc) only if it is towards bettering or improving herself in the marketplace.

Figure it out whether it is cheaper for you to stay with her (really your place if you pay) vs paying for a hotel every time you come here. Do the simple math. She raised the issue in her letter. Respond to it.

My big question is she still is working the bar meaning she is entertaining customers at night for money. Your answer will determine whether you are just another meal ticket in a parade or she actually views you as something more. Outside of you, where is her income coming from and how much is it? Has she gone over her expenses with you? What do want from this girl and what do you expect from her towards you?

Cardinalblue

quote:

She got good money and good presents from me. Now, she wants more, only a few days later, asking for money not once, but twice in the same letter.

What should I do?

Tell her that letters like this may only put people off?

Cancel my yahoo account and never talk to her again?

In any case, I am not paying anything.

Sounds to me as if you feel you've already treated her decently- or more than decently- and that she's now taking advantage of you. Is that it?

quote:

she paraded me through several bars and introduced me to the rest of her friends she had not managed to see during my previous visits. Now, probably more than 50 bar girls from different bars know me by name and usually give me a hug when I greet them. I think I'm really stuffed.

How affectionate of them!! tongue.gif" border="0

My opinion is uninformed, but, if you want to get with another girl, just don't go and barfine a girl working the same bar where your current girl works. Anywhere else should be fine, IMO. Even next door.

As I say, my opinion is uninformed, except that that's what I do, and have had no problem. Anyone? laugh.gif" border="0

P.S. Keep the variety rotating!!!!

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: Savittre ]

The letter was obviously written by a professional. It is "up to you" if you want to give this girl anything. My guess is, it won't stopp here and other letters will follow asking for more cash. I have gotten litterly dozens of these type of letters over the years, I usually have fun with them, such as, "...funny thing, my parents cow died also, and I am broke from paying for a new one..." avoid the ugly by being honest and telling her there will be no money comming. My guess is you will not have to worry about not hearing from her again.

You should know how things work in Thailand. What I have learnt is to think in the same way they think. I wouldn't pay a single penny after leaving the country.

Regards...

quote:

Her English is not that good to write a message like the one attached, someone else must have done that for her. Does not really sound like her but it came through her mail.

There are many places to get a letter translated for around 50 baht.

Archived