I brought 24 on DVD last year for the first time, and got hooked. I have now completed all 4 series, and need a fix of something as addictive as 24. Whenever i buy movie DVD's, the vendors allways push realy hard to sell me 'Lost' and 'CSI'. They seem real popular.... are they worth a buy? Simmilar sort of thing as 24? I have never seen so much as a clip of either one, but it seems like everyone apart from me has seen them. Are they any good?

The other plus is, the copies should be 100%.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CSI is cool, but totally different from 24.

CSI is more of a procedural cop drama where the focus is on the technical shit the cops (Crime Scene Investigation) can do to catch a perp. I don't think it will be addictive since each episode is usually a different crime.

I don't know Lost, unless that is the FBI missing person show?? the show where the boss FBI agent always wears a black suit?

Have you seen the Sopranos? I watched the last season in about 2 days after I bought those 'mother fucking cocksucking DVDs'. (Tony's voice)

redwood13 said:

Yes, my best friend's from Scotland and living in Oman. He and his wife bought LOST at Fortune in Dec. and loved it. A friend lent me SOPRANOS and I watched the first 4 seasons almost non-stop over a few days. Haven't been able to find Season 5 thus far.

The Last Aria of Tony Soprano (NY Times)

-redwood

I couldn't find illegal copies either in BKK, so I spent the "mother fucking cocksucking messa fanuk" 100 USD$ and got the real DVDs back in the US. I thought it was the last season they were going to make, and as I watched the episodes, I kept predicting the final ending. Little did I know that season 6 is in the works. Waiting for that now... it will probably be a while.

:(

Hi Batty,

Yeah I'm a big 24 fan and kind of pissed because I'll be returning mid season into Season 5 when I return to the US. Anyway, for something as addictive as 24 try Lost Season 1. Stay away from Season 2 it's not out yet despite what you see on the street. You will find Lost Season 1 as addictive as 24. CSI is just a TV show where everything turns into a DNA and they get their guy. I use to like CSI too but it's gotton monotonous.

Thanks all, I shall give Lost a try, sounds good. I dont usualy start work till late afternoon, and seeing as there is bugger all to do in the day here, 24 series 3 and 4 filled a real gap for me in daylight hours.

Limbo, you should try it. The DVD shop in between The Islander and Starbucks sell all sesons. Basicly Keifer Sutherland plays Jack Beur, a Counter Terroism Unit agent who has 24 for hours of hell, trying to stop terrorists do whatever. Each episode is one hour from 1am-2am, then 3am-4am etc etc... all in real time, kinda thing. When you have watched three or four, you just cant stop bloody watching.

Sopranos was another daytime gap filler for me also. I seen clips of it now and then back home, but got it out here and have watched all seasons. Great stuff, funny as hell.

BB i have not seen 4400 here? Any good?

Anyway the only reason i posted on this was because whenever i buy DVD's, they ALLWAYS push csi and lost on me. When i tell them i havent seen them, they look at me like a madman, kinda like "WTF, you havent seen this shit? Its great!"

SO i'll go and buy Lost tommorow.

Dude_Le_Rude said: I thought it was the last season they were going to make, and as I watched the episodes, I kept predicting the final ending. Little did I know that season 6 is in the works.

Season 6 will be the last full season of the Sopranos but it will be followed by an 8 part finale. A sad day when it's all over but at least there are still 21 episodes to look forward to.

Archived