I have just finished Lost season 1. Its ok, but not as gripping as 24... at times it got on my nerves a little with the slow slushy bits and cheesy music... and what the hell is the ending all about? I couldnt believe it ended so bloody flat.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 series worth checking out are Nip/Tuck (plastic surgeons in Miami), The Shield (cops in Los Angeles) and Rescue Me (firemen in Boston). All 3 are Fox cable series, so are heavy on sex, violence and foul language :). I'm watching season 4 of The Shield right now and it seems to be impossible to find a stopping place. No sleep today I guess.

Ranger

Ranger - -agree with you about the Shield. Takes a bit of getting use to the shakey camera but it does give it an "edge". Top quality cast too. Hope they keep the series going. I believe they had to stop cos of Vic Mackey's film commitments.

I started Lost 2 but gave up half way through. It is basically just a load of flash backs to series one and in a totally unbelievable twist they bring in a whole new cast of "lost" survivors from the plane crash who also just happen to be living on the island. Very dissapointed with it.

Starting on west wing 6......

MadStockBroker

I'll buy season 2 on one condition - you find out what is at the bottom of that bloody shaft. The only reason i watched the last few was to find out what was at the bottom, and then it ended with the camera looking down it ::

Keeping my fingers crossed that 24 season 5 is indeed out soon.

So where did you folks get Numb3rs from? I decided to pick this up and it turns out the first disk has the shit scratched out of it so I'm in need of the first disk. I'm pretty sure the sodding vendor I bought it from won't replace a single disk from a set like this. It's possible but I've never had problems with disks from this vendor before so I've not tested the water here.

Also there's this vendor khun jack on Silom Sala Daeng who swore blind that History of Violence was a true 100% master and it's one of the worst videocamera jobs I've seen and I've not seen many as I generally don't buy anything that's not consider 100% but you cannot test from this vendor before you buy.... Since he swore blind it was a master I'm not sure if he'll exchange this or give me a refund.

24 is the best show on tv, but don't watch it on tv, wait for DVD seasons to come out. DO NOT WATCH 24 OUT OF ORDER!

Lost is another great DVD series, but be prepared that it has no plot resolution. I heard in an interview that they have plot points lined up for like 6 seasons. it wont ever wrap up it seems.....

I'll second the mention of deadwood, it's probably 3rd for me on the list of top TV to watch. Sopranos isn't quite as good, but there's much more of it to watch, so maybe worth getting.

5th is Battlestar Galactica from Sci-Fi.

Have fun!

thalenoi said:

Can you buy any of these in bkk (where? Pantip, Futurepark, fortune)

There is a Vendor in MBK on the Fourth Floor, Cell Phone Heaven Level, who has an open stall on the wall next to the Car Park. He seems to have most series and the quality of the DVD's is top notch. Anyone who has all 6 Series of South Park gets a :up: from me.

In Pattaya there are quite a few expats knocking out DVD's, done as word of mouth through the expat community rather than advertising, same price as BKK but with guarantee of replacement disc if any is sub standard.

Archived