Requesting Thermae and Street Update:

NokTang

himitsu said:

chuckwow-

I agree that there needs to be some cheap bar districts, Clinton Plaza and Chuvits that you mentioned filled this market niche very well. My point is only that it needs to be in an area where it is not so visible. That way Thais can look away if they choose to pretend to not see it.

This is just too much in your face as it is now....free markets are great but this is a consequence.

Well the fact is that Sukhumvit....with NEP at one end and SC at the other plus a lot of hotels, Sky train station etc. in between is a major tourist street. Throw in a bunch of low end punters with an appetite for cheap beer, sex and noodles (and a handful of discerning insomniacs like myself with a taste for the macabre) and Lower Suk is what you get. It's been that that for as long as I can remember....just the numbers have changed.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stickman met one once online (he wrote about ) thought it was a woman, but legged it when 'she' showed up. Not sure about writing to your embassy about katoey's, mine can't be arsed to answer complaints after they take your cash then don't issue a visa.

Paul,

The reason you had the visa issue is most likely due to other things so why do you keep bringing it up?

If you are truly married it is no problem unless there are other factors coming into play. There are many regular posters who are at many embassies in "real life". Think about it and then think about why your "wife" cannot visit the UK and don't worry about the katoey on Sukhumvit.

You only have to worry about being robbed by katoey on Sukhumvit when you are ON Sukhumvit.

You have to be in Thailand BEFORE you can go to Sukhumvit.

As such you will never again have to worry about being robbed by katoey.

If you still do not underestand you can PM me. Or would you like the name of the person at the Thai Embassy in the UK?

chuckwoww said:

Well the fact is that Sukhumvit....with NEP at one end and SC at the other plus a lot of hotels, Sky train station etc. in between is a major tourist street. Throw in a bunch of low end punters with an appetite for cheap beer, sex and noodles (and a handful of discerning insomniacs like myself with a taste for the macabre) and Lower Suk is what you get. It's been that that for as long as I can remember....just the numbers have changed.

I have only been on Sukhumvit in the early hours of morning twice in the past 6 months, but both times, sitting in one of the sidewalk bar/resturants, there were fairly serious fights between young white guys within 20 feet. To me, the big danger is getting caught up in one of those, not the kateoy pickpockets.

At about 2:00 AM, I think it is one of the more bizzare, but highly entertaining places in the world. ::

TH

Gentleman:

I have been out on Sukhumvit at 4:30 am (and later) no less than 150 times over the last six years. I have rarely seen the violence you guys are bringing up and the katoeys are not psychopathic criminals stabbing people either.

The people out there are the same people you saw in the bars earlier in the night. Granted they may be a little more drunk than earlier which means a fight may break out. But personally I have seen only one so you can be certain it is not a free for all. In any event, fights can occur in the bars or anywhere else where there are hundreds of people. Did I say hundreds? There is probably over a thousand sitting and eating on Suk after the bars close.

I bring this up because someone who has not been there would read this thread and decide to never go out on suk at night. And that is just stupid. If you are not ready to go home or have not picked a girl by the time the bars close at the ridiculous time of 1am, you can go to Suk. Have a seat at an "outdoor cafe" and enjoy a drink, food and continue searching for a companion for the night. The chance of encountering violence is very close to zero. The only violence i ever encountered out there was with a couple of girls over the years whom i had something going with and it wasn't even really violence.

While Himitsu's post was mostly accurate there are some points he made that are not right IMO and i wonder if he was exaggerating slightly.

>>The prices I heard- unsolicited on my part- were five hundred baht.<<

I have never heard a girl tell me 500 baht or any other number unsolicited. Girls will often say "I go with you" or pai nai? or whatever but they don't talk prices at you as you are walking by. If you are conversing with a girl about a possible hook up then numbers are thrown around.

>>Also a lot of Nigerians eager to talk and a large number of Arabs walking as well as I got close to Foodland.<<

Yes you can find them on Soi 3 and the sois between 3 and 5 if you go looking. But they are not hanging around Suk bothering anyone. To clarify that, of course there are a rare few arabic people enjoying Suk but so what they are not there making trouble.

>>But if you want to drink to the point where walking is a challenge, then engage in a vigorous debate about soccer where every other word is "fuck", then this is the area for you.<<

I can assure you that there is no such problem on Suk. Is it possible that you will see a table full of idiots? Of course. Maybe Himitsu saw one. But the above description simply does not apply to Suk. I see more of these types in the bars than on Suk.

>>I would also imagine a willingness to have sex with exceptionally ugly women, where the only factor is price, might might help you to blend in as well.<<

There are some beautiful girls out there but of course the later it gets the more scarce they become. Anywhere you have hundreds of falung punters will attract the full range of girl types.

Bottom line is that the descriptions I see in this thread don't match up with what I have seen. My last time out there was three weeks ago and was sober.

:xmascheer

Archived