An Amazing Number

journey21

It looks quite impressive at first glance, but if you dig a bit deeper you find only 1 in 10 of these people have ever bothered to post, and then only make 1 or 2 posts. KS can probably supply an accurate figure, but my guess is there are about 200 - 300 regular active posters on the board + probably 300 irregular 'lurkers'. I am at a loss to understand why people would take the trouble to register and then not take an active part, there is a tremendous amount of good info available here for the taking. :dunno:

Hi,

Out of those 13,884, only 2,949 have posted. Less than 1,000 have more than 25 posts.

As to why they do not post, who knows?

I do see unknown names fairly regularly in the GoGo ranking votes, as well as in the list of people who voted for pics in the gallery.

I guess your guess on the active posters is probably fairly accurate. There are on average about 2,000 people who log in per month, with roughly 1.5x that number as guests I would guess.

Overall traffic keeps going up though, we are doing close to 4,000 visitors a day now, which is almost double of last year.

Sanuk!

we are doing close to 4,000 visitors a day now, which is almost double of last year

Are you reading your stats correctly? 4000 uniques a day is a lot of visitors, if you could persuade/encourage them to exit via google ad links it would make you around 8000 bht a day income (I'm guessing you get 2 bht per click, since advertisers in the UK are paying a minimun 7 bht a click equivalent)

Hi,

Yes, I am reading those correctly. Having four eyes helps :)

Here's a screenshot of our stats package:

stats.gif

"if you could persuade/encourage them to exit via google ad links"

Not allowed to.

"I'm guessing you get 2 bht per click"

We average a bit more than that per click, but CTR on message boards is *very* low.

Sanuk!

KS

As to why others do not post, I also have no idea. I do know why my posts are so infrequent. It is a matter of personality to a great degree. I am aware that when a position statement is made, it is expected that some form of contradiction be made. I really do not argue well almost always finding a way to reconcile than to argue the point. Secondly, although many on this board do not have English as their primary language and although I recognize that many will not have had an extensive education I am a bit intimidated by the wisdom and erudition demonstrated by most of the contributors to this board.

However, the broad range of interests, the excellent counsel and advice and the shared concerns of the members of this board keep me coming back to it at least once per day. I do thank you for the part you play in keeping the board on track. I really do hope that you find some joy in all of the labour.

Journey

journey21 said:

KS

As to why others do not post, I also have no idea. I do know why my posts are so infrequent. It is a matter of personality to a great degree. I am aware that when a position statement is made, it is expected that some form of contradiction be made. I really do not argue well almost always finding a way to reconcile than to argue the point. Secondly, although many on this board do not have English as their primary language and although I recognize that many will not have had an extensive education I am a bit intimidated by the wisdom and erudition demonstrated by most of the contributors to this board.

However, the broad range of interests, the excellent counsel and advice and the shared concerns of the members of this board keep me coming back to it at least once per day. I do thank you for the part you play in keeping the board on track. I really do hope that you find some joy in all of the labour.

Journey

I assumed it was only the pretentious Indians in Post-Colonial days who tried to flatter by using outdated English, obviously this diseases afflicts the non french speaking Canuks

Archived