NorthWorst cocksuckers

Dude_Le_Rude

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The US carriers are a disgrace, especially the overseas flights. If I'm going to be miserable in coach, it certainly will be on an asian airline for a 20-24 hours trip, where the misery index is much lower.

I never get tired of looking at the flight attendants on most asian airlines, who also have great positive attitudes in general. But looking and dealing with those old,wretched,fat grouchy grandmothers with PMS flight attendants, on Untied or Northworst Airlines, is cruel and unusual punishment :grinyes:

Thank goodness for Thai,Korean,EVA,Singapore,JAL etc...

I just flew the LAX-BKK non stop on Thai, great! The food, entertainment, attitude and service was great, in coach! I work for United, and frankly, the service blows, they even treat us like shit on the flights, which never used to happen...sad the way air travel is going...

The US Airlines, have lost my business for most overseas flights. Their standards and treatment of passengers have hit new lows. They forgot, "customers make paydays possible" ::

I actually don't see top management ever taking financial hits like pilots,mechanics,ground crew,attendants etc... . Management at the top are highly paid bloodsuckers, who move on after making millions of dollars after a couple of years sitting on their asses.

I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect NW is in a slow death spiral. Yes, they have to restructure their business model in a lot of ways, but some moves improve revenue, others drive away business. I suspect they are showing a talent for the latter. I'm still glad when a business trip takes me through Minneapolis on NW rather than on Alaskan through SEATAC. That's not anything against Alaskan (particularly); it's just that if you die in Alaska and go to hell, you'll have to change planes in Seattle.

NW just does not seem that good on the mid and upper level decision making. This goes back to at least 2000 when they started flights to Detroit the day after a big snow storm and kept sending them even after it became very clear that they were grossly exceeding the airport's off-loading capacity due to the snow piles around the terminals. But no one had the brains/authority to start cancelling the flights. People ended up waiting in planes on the ground for hours until their plane could get to a gate.

Still, I have a warm spot for NW. Three years ago, when my brother was terminally ill and died, I ended up making 3 of the 4 associated trips out of Alaska using frequent flier miles, one of them on a few hours notice.

"... I actually don't see top management ever taking financial hits like pilots,mechanics,ground crew,attendants etc... . Management at the top are highly paid bloodsuckers, who move on after making millions of dollars after a couple of years sitting on their asses..."

Thank you!

OH and All,

"I actually don't see top management ever taking financial hits like pilots,mechanics,ground crew,attendants etc... . Management at the top are highly paid bloodsuckers, who move on after making millions of dollars after a couple of years sitting on their asses"

Truer words were never spoken. Amazing isn't it? All these highly paid assholes and mutli-millionaires (after they get their pay and stock options) have done over the past 20 years is drive the industry into the ground with all their expertise and knowlege and know-how. And these guys deserve millions for their awesome work? Yeah, right. Idiotic in my mind, and the stockholders would be better off demanding the company hiring from within at much lower pay rates and likely getting people who have a better idea of how to actually run the airlines efficiently. While the common worker gives back millions (unions and non-union) to help 'supposedly' keep these companies afloat and out of bankruptcy (which never seems to work, so why even take the pay cuts, let the bankruptcy judge do so from your higher pay scale, not your already lower one negotiated by the union idjits that don't seem to be able to see the trend and fight it (vote no for the pay cuts nitwits!) these fatcat bigwig morons keep raking in the dough for doing just about the worst possible jobs they could do. grads? they can't figure out what to do (besides break the unions and drive the companies into bankruptcy)? The mind boggles when watching this stuff over the past 25/30 years I have been around and in the industry. Glad I have been out the past 6 years.

Most of the guys I worked with have left for other jobs, rather than take the pay cuts and put up with the serious bullshit and management harrassment (of the senior employees-highest paid). These guys at NWA took 6 dollar an hour paycuts! (Could anyone on here afford to take a three hundred dollar [before tax] a week pay cut?) After already taking paycuts the past ten years really. How can you survive and pay your bills (which were incurred at the higher pay scale-ie new cars bought, mortgage rates and homes bought under the higher pay scale, etc. etc.).

The industry wants to hire immigrants at just above minimum wage. Cheaper unskilled labor. They want to break the unions and be able to be just like the low cost non-union carriers like Jet blue and the other airlines that are bare bones companies, and give bare bones service. It is time really to start using international/other nation companies to fly overseas really. The US market/companies are going right down the tubes.

And increasing their fares as well. I see United flights to BKK round trip, are up $500 since this past September when I last purchased a ticket. Absurd. This cannot be all from the higher oil prices can it? I am surprised they have not been colluding on pricing yet, or are they?

Cent

Talking about execs. They are all like that no matter what business they are in. I work in IT at coporate HQ for the company I work for and they get all of the perks on our labor. So nothing new there.

I actually have to hand it to an exec for one of the other airlines, that I can't remember off of the top of my head, who actually TURNED DOWN a raise because he didn't think he deserved it.

As far as collusion goes by what I understand these flights are actually regulated by the federal gov't because the international routes are strictly controlled. Personally I think it is bullshit. I believe there is gouging taking place.

NWA is also not the first to charge for premium coach seats. Air Canada and I think British Airways are doing the same thing.

I have over 130,000 miles with NWA. I think I am going to cash them in for a flight to LOS and just fly whoever is the cheapest from then on.

Archived