NorthWorst cocksuckers

Dude_Le_Rude

"...I actually have to hand it to an exec for one of the other airlines, that I can't remember off of the top of my head, who actually TURNED DOWN a raise because he didn't think he deserved it. ..."

If you are referring to Steve Wolf, the former UAL CEO, there is more to it. He had been run off UAL after seriously fucking it up, his actions resulted in the first round of Pay cuts, in order to buy the company (ESOP=Employee stock ownership program). The pay cuts came during the big economic boom, when UAL recorded record profits!, we got nothing, Wolf, who still owned stock, made out like a bandit.

Some years later, the company was in trouble, the stock dumped, and wolf was holding shares he couldn't sell for a period of time...he declined a bonus he had defferred, in hopes of helping the stock go up, in time for him to sell... the plan didn't quite work out, he sold his stock, claimed a loss on the bonus and the stock, and made out o.k. maybe he suffered, 6 million intead of 9 or something...fuck him...the company went backrupt, we lost our stock, after giving about $70K in concessions and our pensions, and have little to show...for it...oh well...mai pen rai...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"As far as collusion goes by what I understand these flights are actually regulated by the federal gov't because the international routes are strictly controlled. Personally I think it is bullshit. I believe there is gouging taking place."

and of course we all know no one has any "influence" on the feds decisions

:(

I have over 130,000 miles with NWA. I think I am going to cash them in for a flight to LOS and just fly whoever is the cheapest from then on.

good luck on this, I have just over 130k, and no luck for buss class on nw,

when I have a definite plan, I'll try for one of their partners

Old Hippie said:

I just flew the LAX-BKK non stop on Thai, great! The food, entertainment, attitude and service was great, in coach! I work for United, and frankly, the service blows, they even treat us like shit on the flights, which never used to happen...sad the way air travel is going...

Actually, the most recent flights I took with United (between San Francisco and Tokyo and Beijing) were excellent. It's as if the domestic and international airlines are 2 completely separate operations.

• 1 month later...

just rode NWA for my trip to the Philippines,,YES they do charge $5.00 per beer, wine and liquor....i was shocked and very dissapointed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,their was one flight attendant(american)that really needs to find another job,,her attitude really sucked and treatment of passangers was unkind, to say the least.........i'll fly with someone else,,,,,,,,,,,chok dee, HOKS

North worst and most American carriers really need to step up the service...oddly, they have cut back on stuff, and delivered crap service in an effort to "stay competitive" but yet fail to "compete" in the cutomer service department...by way of better service and amenities...

Northwest is also a member of the Delta Skymiles program, and you can redeem miles on partners Singapore Airlines, Malaysian Airlines, China Airlines, and Korean Airlines to get to BKK.

at least we can try:

Archived