Livingstone's Boutique Lodge Soi 33

khwaimaisabai

I posted about Livingstone's on Lonely Planet forum a week ago. It sounded OK, but some suggested the rooms "look tired" and that it isn't up to its 4 star badge - oops wrong hotel, someone was talking about Novotel Soi 33. Other said it could be noisy at night which, given the location, isn't a huge surprise. I reckon it would be OK if you want to stay in that area, handy for BTS too.

In the end, I opted for Evergreen apartments next to BTS Ratchatewi.

Odd that they look "tired" seeing as they have only been open for less than six months...

Noisy? Sounds like conjecture as that place is amazing in its quietness even during dinner hour IME.

Care to elaborate?

Cheers,

SD, drunk but curious and not financial interest (not that I would stay there cuz I live here)

Da bar's been open longer than that. But the rooms are quite new!

I have also been looking dfor a reliable report. I want ton be able to put customers there. Qui6te perfect oin all aspects on paper...

Cheers,

SD

A friend and I were given a "guided tour" of the rooms in January when we stopped there for a steak at lunch.

Very nice IMHO well presented and the top end rooms have spa's.

Sort of an African "safari park" feel (well that's the impression I got) Spotlessly clean and reasonable size.

In Real Estate terms it's got the 3 most important things going for it....Position...Position & position... especially if you want to hit 33 for a Lookie....555

I think only 18 rooms in total (spread over 3 levels of room rates)

From what I saw, I would not hesitate to stay there. I was already booked elsewhere, so did not have a chance to give it a try.

As for noise, given the layout and set back from 33, I could not imagine there would be much (if any) disturbance at all.

Interested to hear full reports from anyone that has actually stayed there

Cheers dumsoda

Fwiw, I enquired about room rates and this was the reply. The ++ will increase the deluxe room rate to about B3000.

Hello Mike

Thank you for your email.

We would like to present our Room rates as following : Superior Room                 THB 1.800.- ++ Deluxe Room ( with Jacuzzi ) THB 2.600.- ++ Jr. Suite ( with Jacuzzi )   THB 3.200.- ++ All Rooms incl. Free Internet & American Breakfast We have still rooms free during that time ! I hope I could help you.

Best regards

Guido Ruhnau

suadum ,

as mentioned many times before , my favorite passion is ethnological studies along Sukhumvit Road on weekends . Which is the reason that I occasionally stay away for a day or two from bizarre river lodges in favour of places like The Landmark or Amari . At this very moment I sent an email to the aforementioned property requesting a room for weekend break on Saturday the 1st . I am particulary attracted by the fact that their room rate matches about what I am used to pay for 2 breakfasts and shall duely report my findings on this very board.

What I am a bit concerned about is the moral integrity of the establishment as they are promoting jacuzzis for 2 people and publish photos from Brazilian parties with loads of half naked young ladies . What does Whosyourdaddy think about this ?

I sincerely hope the place is free from any sexal temptations . If not , I will probably stay longer .

BuBi

Again risking everything

suadum said:

I have also been looking dfor a reliable report.

Hi sd,

I will post a full report after my trip (1st week of May).

Thanks guys for all the comments - I have now booked the deluxe room (with Jacuzzi).

I have not pre-paid, so I guess at worst, I can move. I have been to the poolside area and the Thai restaurant many times and always liked the general impression of the place so hopefully the rooms will be good too.

Khwai

BuBi, as always, I shall await your report with my breath bated. I try to attend functions at this Livingstone's concern. But I often am lured into nearby establishments by sultry doxies against my admittedly feeble inveighing.

Sick Buffalo, I await your's as well.

Cheers,

SD

Archived