Peppermint Pattaya - Bar Fine Blues

MooNoi

Broke one of my vows last night... ::

"Never BF a Peppermint Girl again".

Anyway, 10 beers and a few whiskeys didn't help my judgement, but spent about three hours in there with my mate (who was with his girlfriend and all of us buying a fair few drinks - the bin at the end was about 3000B). I spent the whole time talking to a really nice (at the time) girl and probably bought her about 10 LD's in all. I asked her if she wanted me to BF and she said "yes".

So we left Peppermint and went to karaoke. Then walked back to the hotel. Got to the front door and she stopped dead, looked at me in surprise and said "I go room with you?"

I said "yes, of course. I bar-fined you and I expected you to stay with me."

She then said "I no go, have to meet my friend, she waiting me", and crap like that, and walked off down the street and jumped in a passing baht-bus before I could try and talk to her.

What gives at Peppermint? The past three girls I've BF'd have done the "I only do short-time" routine after saying they'd go LT. :doah:

And now this. And it really pisses me off. :cussing: :onfire:

Tonight I want to go back and get my barfine back, (not even going to attempt to get the lady-drink money back, but she made 500B out of those 10 drinks (they get 50B each), and I really feel like doing so), but, as it is in the bar scene in Thailand "the customer is always wrong" and I don't think I'll get very far. That shits me as well - my mate and I were in there last night and the night before and total bins on the two nights were about 5000B, so we're not shoddy customers. But if Peppermint loses two customers for life, they're not going to give a toss. So how can you ever win?

:dunno:

I know its easy to say "find another gogo and become regulars there", but why don't the bar-owners get their girls in order and tell them how its supposed to work instead of letting them take blokes for a ride. The way I see it, there's never a shortage of customers for the big bars / gogos, so if someone has a legitimate complaint, why would they give a shit?

I guess the only consolation is boards like this where punters can be made aware, but even all the people who read this board make up a tiny percentage of bar-hoppers.

And just to clarify something for anyone sceptical - I am NOT associated with any bar or gogo, and not slagging off Peppermint to start a smear campaign... just wanting to share my experiences there and try and stop this sort of crap happening to other sanukkers).

Moo Noi

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

your wrote...'I know its easy to say "find another gogo and become regulars there", but why don't the bar-owners get their girls in order and tell them how its supposed to work instead of letting them take blokes for a ride.'

Also consider both you and the gal were probably pretty well potted!! Do you suggest that the bar owners tell the gals 'they must fuck any farang that BF's them'? Ha! That's tantamount to pimping. Learn your lesson...and, yes, go somewhere else...or be more selective the next time you BF a gal!!

At least you save your screw fees. If you get this one back to your room, it would turn even more disastrous, a complete rotten fish and probably look at her watch all the times and say I have to go now, solly solly, my friend waiting me.

Did you make it absolutely clear you wanted LT, and she agreed to this? I ask because you say you took her to karaoke and that just reminds me of some guys who take a girl for ST but then waste hours taking her for bar crawls, pool games, discos, karaoke etc. Just because you BF a girl doesn't mean you own her until you've finished with her. If I ever really feel like LT (which isn't often) I'll make sure we both agree what time she is to leave in the morning. Other than that, just take her back to the hotel, fuck her and let her get on with her life.

I've only had one Peppermint girl and had no problems with her.

I've had a few like this before, one even started on the "I only can do short time..." whilst still in the bar, me having just paid the LT (agreed to) barfine.

But in retrospect I regard these as cheap ways to avoid a starfish/problem. An an opportunity to get get a real rooter without further ado.

I lose a little money and gain an opportunity. My time is limited when in LOS, I save my arguments and regrets for Farangland where I have plenty of time and little opportunity.

Cheers

Coss

I peronally have neer had problems in Peppermint, a friend of mine had a real shit as tilac 4 the night.

I know the gals there are a pros and in it for the dough , therefor I allways agree upfront bout time and actions.

allways gotwhat i wanted / deserved in Peppermint. But nowadays I prefer Freelancers or sweet Bargirls. Most Gogo Girls are to much pro for me, hardly any GFE . If I want a quicky I go to a BJ bar or safe money and watch a vdo on the ipod..

The perception that a barfine represents a "guarantee" of subsequent sex is wrong; it's really is just what it's name implies: a fee compensating the employer for sub-contracting the employee, whatever takes place after is between you and her, the bar has nothing to do with it.

Granted, there is pretty much an understanding, at least in Bangkok and Pattaya that a barfine is specifically for sex and 99.9% of the time it works out that way, but the actuality is that the bar has made no guarantee, it really is up to the customer to seal the deal.

If the girl really does agree to "go your room" then backs out, most Mama Sans will at least give her grief and may offer a free barfine but rarely is money returned.

Granted, there is pretty much an understanding, at least in Bangkok and Pattaya that a barfine is specifically for sex and 99.9% of the time it works out that way, but the actuality is that the bar has made no guarantee, it really is up to the customer to seal the deal.

Hi dddave

Yes, there is that understanding - particularly when the girl has answered "yes" to the question of going for "long time".

What does she think we're going to do? Go and do a post-midnight tour of the 7-11's of Pattaya or something?

Sure, if I haven't made things clear before barfining, then serves me right if it doesn't work out. It just bugs me, actually no, makes me mad, when I have agreed to the time period and price and then it goes pear-shaped.

Moo Noi

Archived