Thaksin RESIGNS!!

gene1944

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anyone would ever mistake me for a Thaksin fan, but I do think this could be very good for Thailand and its image. It appears that we'll have a stable transition, and that should be viewed as a sign that Thailand is maturing as a stable democracy. Should be good for investment.

On the other hand, I am sure he'll still be active "behind the scene", and I am not quite sure what that will mean.

"What is pathetic is that one idiot's ego has caused this huge problem for the country."

I know...

He is/was clearly emotionally imbalanced.My sense is that he is just sort of nuts/whacko dillusional. ::

But as you mentioned the people DID affect change and the Thai frends I have are happy here in BKK. :)

I believe under thai law that the King now will royally appoint a interim government under an article in the constitution. I wonder who it will be ?? Prem or another member or the privy council.. Time will tell.

Since the PM resigned, cabinet must also resign. But there is no cabinet since parliment was shut down !!!this is going to get F@#$ed with the powers all lining the the power race of the decade.

I believe(d) the SET was over valued and will have my money waiting on the side to jump in at the bottom. Good times.

Do we have to wait 15 months until a new election? Or will they hold a new election and what if TRT get back into power with Somkid et al at the head? Things may get ugly.

Archived