Thaksin RESIGNS!!

gene1944

the SMS of Suadum was not wrong. that's also in the breaking news of Bangkok Post:

"Deputy Public Health Minister Anuthin Charnvirakul told reporters after a special cabinet meeting that the prime minister appointed Police General Chidchai Vanasatidya, his deputy and justice minister, to run the cabinet while he would take an indefinite time off work."

from other sources i heard that Thaksin will leave the country for England!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wouldn't surprise me that much if he started to buy a few things in England and spend a bit of time here. We seem to be becoming a bit of a haven for dodgy characters who made their billions by ripping off their ordinary countrymen (see Abramovich et al).

Like Abramovich, he even tried to buy one of our top football clubs the other year (but we told him where to go :up:).

Making a clean break now would be a smart move. He can lie low for a few years and, as Thailand's economy falters (as the lagging result of his policies), he could even try to return to "save" it again. :doah:

whosyourdaddy said:

Who knows. He will want to try and keep all the factions together so the party does not split. Could be Sanoh , Sudarat , Somkid or anyone else in his party. Probably find out after he comes back from England for Songkran.

Suadum: I hope that SMS was wrong. That is all we need some police General . Can you say " state of emergency"

I would doubt if any social order parties would change unless, god forbid Chulit gets back into politics. They have been nervous that Foreign investors would pull out but when I locked at the SET today in was up quite abit with foreign investers leading the way. Regardless Thailand is open for business with farangs and looking at expanding so Things should open up more in the future.

I would think that Thaksin will have to stay very active (in the background) in the TRT. He is the TRT, which is actually just a bunch of upcountry feudal fiefdoms (like Sanoh, who I believe has quit TRT) that Thaksin has managed to keep together based on a spoil system controlled by the central government (like Sanoh's ?invisible? road to Khao Chakan, where he has an estate. Look on a map for proximity to Wang Nam Yen). Personally I think the TRT will slowly dissolve over the next 2 years.

Until Thailand outgrows the patronage system in place in the provinces (similar to Louisiana in 30?s ) there will always be a Thaksin waiting to take advantage. Note that Huey Long almost became the US president (if he had not been shot) based on populist politics just like Thaksin?s.

I do agree that Thailand is open for business and FDI will continue to grow.

TH

Archived