Thaksin RESIGNS!!

gene1944

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But that will not solve the problem, as the new government is now or will be completely TRT.

The Opposition made a bold move to boycott, and now Thaksin has nullified that by quitting.

I don't think this is the end of the situation, but both the main opposition parties and the PDA have already said that they would accept the new government if he resigned.

So, looks like in the end we will have a very difficult time for the next 15 months (until the next election). This could be good or bad - depends on your perspective.

Excellent news but now it will surely get very very weird. Interestingly enough during Thaksins first year in office a friend of mine ,one of the most famous "readers" in Thailand, alovely women stated uncatagorically to me that Toxiin woud resign in disgrace. Hmm...

What is pathetic is that one idiot's ego has caused this huge problem for the country. He just could not believe that the was hated so much...must have been hiding his head in the sand. :dunno: If he had done this in the first place, then there would be no split in the country or at least it would be already mending, no expensive special elections, no chaos in the parliment (referring to after this election), etc.

About the only good I see out of this whole mess is that the people have learned that they can affect change, without fear of reprisal, in a democratic way (versus 1992 et al). And that does mean something.

Regards,

SD

Archived