Bar girl investigation services

Belem

Auguststart...........characters flat? where have you been hiding for the last few years?

Fatso's bar is definately Jools, and Fatso himself is Khun Dave.

As for the classic line when fatso said "World Aids Day.......Give a Khatoey one up the ass without a condom", I was with Dave and Steve the night that line was spoken by Dave (and oft repeated every year).

Get down to Suk 4 and drink in Jools, Warblers and NEP, Steve writes about real people but with sudonims.......if it is flat so is Soi Si frown.gif" border="0

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by Flashermac:

Though I've seen it enough times now, it never fails to amaze me that someone would consider marrying and spending the rest of his life with a woman he felt it necessary to have investigated by a PI. Oh, well ... TIT.

just a furtherance of the "its a power thing" posts.

some folks feel they can cancel their insecurities out by hiring a P.I. to confirm their 'script' of how it is going to be.

yob

quote:

Originally posted by Mekong:

[QB]Fatso's bar is definately Jools, and Fatso himself is Khun Dave. QB]

... The reason I read Private Dancer was to recognize common friends (current and ex-Jools crowd) who Steve Leather used as material. From what I read, Leather's characters were only loosely based on these guys, with the exception of Big Dave. I thought I was listening to Dave himself when I read the "Fatso" conversations. Leather even nailed Dave’s speech patterns perfectly.

Apart from being shy, Steve Leather’s normally quite demeanor when he's in Jools now makes sense. He was mentally recording Dave’s thoughts for the book.

BTW, Jools was a great bar in it’s early days (late 80s, early 90s). While it's fallen off since then for a number of reasons, it's still a nice place to have a good meal while listening to Dave pontificate.

I really enjoyed "Private Dancer", but I would not judge it by the same standards as a conventional novel. I think Mr. Leather was trying out something different with this story. I found it a bit more work to follow the plot, since the first-person perspective kept on changing. But in the end, the reader gets a more complete understanding of where all the characters are 'coming from' - what they are thinking and why they do what they do.

JG

I liked "Private Dancer" a lot, but I agree that some of the characters weren't very believable. Pete was such an idiot. I find it hard to believe that someone could be so stupid for so long. How could he live in BKK for so long and understand Thai thinking so little? Joy was a bit hard too. She never even said how she really felt about Pete. She was with him for so long that she had to have some feelings for him one way or the other. Anyway, I enjoyed the book, but I think anyone who reads it has to remember that it is fiction.

Fly Boy

quote:

Originally posted by Flashermac:

Though I've seen it enough times now, it never fails to amaze me that someone would consider marrying and spending the rest of his life with a woman he felt it necessary to have investigated by a PI. Oh, well ... TIT.

You make an excellent point! Kinda puts things into proper perspective! laugh.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by farangbaa:

Belem

on the first point i'm still considering some strike action against the asshole who lifted my wife, an arrogant swiss fucker who's laid 5M (yes, 5 million)baht on her in the last 12 months.

farangbaa

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: farangbaa ]

The best revenge would be to let your (ex-)wife continue to screw him over big time, . laugh.gif" border="0

I'm currently offering my services to investigate the validity of your BG girlfriend's words (and or be it, actions)

I've had a 95% success rate in following up leads in the past.

I'm located in Bangkok, have a thorough understanding of the BG scene here and Pattaya and Samui and Phuket.

I am a long term resident of Bangkok and am fluent in written and spoken Thai.

My rates are reasonable (daily rates at $45 U.S dollars - and a 50% discount on that if my leads are to no avail)

Expenses for long distance phone and travel.. i.e. phuket, samui are additional but not excessive. I travel light and cheap!

I can help you.

please email me re: investigations at getonup1970@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

If you are going to use a PI service, I suggest you use one with farang management. A few years back a friend used a Thai run service and it turned out to a be a big scam.

Now having said that, I will add that I have serious doubts about relationships with bar girls. But I can also sympathize with the middle age guy from the US, UK, NZ or wherever that falls heads-over-heels in love with some lovely BG half his age. It may not be wise, but it is human, and it happens - alot. And when it does happen, you should damn well run a check, notwithstanding the valid point an earlier poster made about the need for trust in relationships.

These are not "normal" relationships. The potential for a ripoff is tremendous, which suggests that perhaps you should not get started in such a relationship in the first place. But that is not our starting place. We start with a guy who already finds himself in love and wanting a legitimate relationship. If that is our starting point, then there most definitely should be a PI check, and that check should be peformed by a reliable service.

[ June 24, 2001: Message edited by: RogerRabbit ]

Archived