Non-bar girls looking for love

Hey guys,

I've been reading the last few threads about finding a non-bar girl and the fact that non-bar girls just might be looking for you. IMHO there are a lot of Thai women who want to marry farang men. I know more than one personally. The biggest barrier of all is language of course but a lot of business women do speak some English. Cultural clashes are to be expected but can usually be worked out. I know some guys are worried about being ripped off by a marriage agency or being intoduced to a girl who is not really who she claims to be. As for me I am more worried about intoducing a man to one of my friends. If their big into the sanuk scence or are just looking for a part-time realationship this could lead to big problems for me. Any ideas on how to check to make sure your introducing a friend or a realative to a decent guy?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

V.Calvino

Hi, I have the same problem. My non BG GF has a least 6 friends who are constantly asking for "contacts" from me. They are mostly sales / marketing type girls. Many have upper intermediate+ English skills and 2 have studied in USA for 3-4 years.

The trouble is the only falangs I know in BKK are more intersted in sanuk and beer than the rewarding but long time before these girls will even think about sex.

My answer is don't do it unless you know the guy really well, the potential problems don't bear thinking about.

A friend in BKK recently asked me to help find her someone, so I put an ad on excite and fowarded the replies to her which seemed Ok. Even though I put long term/marriage in the ad I still had people replying who were just after a quick boom boom. So far she has had 25 replies and some of them sound very promising, maybe these friends of yours could do the same. Also,they could reply to guy's ads. Last time I had an ad I had three replies, two from hookers and one schoolgirl.Thai girls may say they want to meet someone but often seem unwilling to do much about it, pity-peter

Originally posted by V. Calvino:

[QB]Hey guys,

I've been reading the last few threads about finding a non-bar girl and the fact that non-bar girls just might be looking for you. IMHO there are a lot of Thai women who want to marry farang men.

Hi,

Looking for decent guys here ??? naaaaah.

In Denmark we have a site "www.dating.dk" which is used for ... dating (surprise!). There are more than 100,000 profiles registred which I think is quite a lot for a

country with only 5 mill people.

Besides being able to make new friends, you can also join their dating-parties. Maybe it would be an idea for a Thai-girl interested in foreigners, to contact persons with a profile she liked, arrange with a few guys to meet her at a party and she could get to know the guys in person before deciding for Mr. Right.

The biggest problems in the above approach is probably that the girl will have to travel.

I don't know if the same service is available in other countries, like US/UK where English is the native language.

The above mentioned page is in Danish, but 90% of all Danes speak reasonably well English, so it will not be a problem after the initial contact has been made. If anyone are interestred in this approach, please drop me a note and I can register a profile and do the initial translation.

Regards, GreatDane

• 2 weeks later...

I don't live in Thailand. But visit twice a

year, staying mostly in Isaan villages. Two

years ago I took a friend to one of the villages where he met a non-bargirl, 23 years old and still a virgin. They are now married and living in the USA. I have just

returned from Thailand again. Now everybody

in the village thinks I can do it again.

I have a list of ten girls, photos of most

of them. None of them a bargirls and I suspect that at least eight of them are still

virgins and have never been in a bar.

At this point I am not sure how I am going to

proceed to help these girls find a guy.

None of them spoke English to me. That doesn't mean they don't understand it, because I have been around Thais as long as

2 days before the first English is spoken.

I know they are taught it because I have been

in their schools. When I first started communicating with my girl friend over there

I used a waitress in Thai restaurant to write

and read the letters for me.

They are only interested in marriage.

They range from 17 ( will be 18 this year)

to 2 employed 30 year olds. They all seem

to want Americans, except the 30 years olds

who want Englishmen. I have been thinking

about just posting a list of nicknames,ages,

anything else I know about them and whether

or not I have a photo of them. You are not going to meet these girls in Bangkok. My hope

is that I can find some decent sincere guys

who will start communicating with them and

who will visit them in their village (it is

easy). Any takers or any advise for me.

Initial contact will have to be made through

me by e-mail. Sorry for the long post.

All I can say it's a very delicate subject... When you are known/respected in your Isaan village the worst thing you can do is hook one of these girls up with the wrong kind of guy. When you know the guy you should be okay but posting info on this board...

My wife also did some match making (2 times) one worked okay, the other one was just a bunch of troubles and misunderstandings. I have told her to stop, it's just not my cup of tea.

My 2 satang,

NongSung

one of the wisest menwho ever lived was gotama buddha and he advised his monks not to match make

WHEN THINGS GO WRONG BOTH SIDES WILL BLAME YOU

DO YOU WANT THAT HASSLE!!!!!!!!!

DO YOU REALLY!!!!

WELL YOU MUST BE CRAZY cool.gif" border="0

• 10 months later...

Hmmm. Stick and several of the other posters have detailed the pitfalls of Thai/Farang relationships, on this board and other sites - I guess we need to hear more from those who have successfully made the transition back to Farangland, and are now living happily ever after.

Personally, I believe that Chinese women adapt better to life in the West, but thats just me. Need to hear from the Thai members who have been OS - Jasmine ? GTG ? Anyone ?

"Chinese women adapt better to life in the West"

I guess you are talking mainland Chinese?

Hm. "Adapt"?

Certainly: Thais, greedy as they are, after all are not really very expensive (compared to Western women). A couple of thousand USD and they are happy. Chinese, however, want real money. If at all possible, millions. And they calculate in USD, not in Baht. Some adaptation.

Archived