Thai embassy London

Guest baldrick

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thai passports generally just get a stamp in them to extend validity at least once. Not a whole new book. So this saves on the hassle of transferring visas. Mrs Tiger just did this last year (but while she was here, not in US).

An E-passport has a smart chip embedded in it and one can use a kiosk at the airport to enter/exit the country, bypassing the queue. Handy if one is a Thai who travels a lot (or is a status seeker cuz jumping the queue is fun :D).

Cheers,

SD

Phil,

However call me old fashioned but i like to speak to people on such important matters, hence it is rather frustrating to end up on the voice message everytime

I agree but even after such confirmation it's not certain you've got the right (and updated) info.

At least not here in BKK with the Dutch embassy :rolleyes:

Guest lazyphil

All sorted, managed to get thru to them after many attempts, they directed me to forms to be downloaded and printed....25 quid and she keeps her existing passport.

Guest lazyphil

you're jesting surely, how can they justify that money, when all you would have to is just send old and new passport there, easy.....greedy baskets. :: thinking about it i'm sure it cost nothing to get the IRL stamp at croyden, so why this charge for the same thing they granted already??? ::

Archived