Build a house in Thailand

Julian2

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd also like to thank you, Julian. Most of the points that you made, I was already aware of. But you reminded me that I need to bite my tongue during the construction phase, something that I am not good at. When my house is done, I'll swap pictures with you.

Julian, one point to think about is electricity, not sure if you have covered it.

Wife put in some circuit breakers so that if a kid sticks a fork into a power point he doesn;t die.

Many places, like mine, have very poor power supplies, so if your running a PC, get a UPS, mine has a built in surge protector, good value at about 2400 baht, it runs the PC and Monitor.

I also had them run extra power to the house, I had so many electrical things not enough juice coming in so I had to add more, you may want to think about it.

DOG - Still waiting

The "safety circuit breakers" are called GFI circuit breakers (Ground Fault Interrupter).

They are a must in the USA for areas, such as; kitchens, bathrooms. outdoors, garage and basement. The idea is any wet area where you could get a lethal dose of electricity.

They are more expensive than normal circuit breakers but well worth the investment.

Make sure you have a well grounded house; usually a copper ground rod driven into the earth, as long as the soil is conductive enough (not solid rock).

UPS for the PC, IMO, is a must.

My friend near Udon Nowhere, his rental house had a 5 amp service...yes, the whole house! Waaaaay under powered and we still can not figure out how they even ran the frig

::

Happy house building!

Archived