To Korat , but civilised

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

I have a vague idea that this might have been discussed here some time ago . I am in kind of emotional crisis as I have to notice that the excellent Thai Air does not offer flights to Korat any more , even if clever citizens like myself look it up under Nakhon Ratchasima . So how for heaven's sake does an educated elder statesmen travel to this distant city without ruining his Italian suit in an overland bus ? Train would be in order as long as there is cold beer available at any time ( delivered to customer preferably ) and the trip does not last longer than f.e. 3 hours . If no reasonable alternative I could of course take a car with driver but 3 hours on the road in Siam are not exactly my vision of an acceptable foreplay .

I am asking on behalf of a friend of mine whose friend wants to know this .

BuBi

buffalo_bill said:

I have a vague idea that this might have been discussed here some time ago . I am in kind of emotional crisis as I have to notice that the excellent Thai Air does not offer flights to Korat any more , even if clever citizens like myself look it up under Nakhon Ratchasima . So how for heaven's sake does an educated elder statesmen travel to this distant city without ruining his Italian suit in an overland bus ?

My dear friend, a sophisticated gentleman would take a PB Air flight to Buriram, followed by a hired car with a driver to traverse the short distance to your final destination. This is exceedingly convenient as the PB Air office is located on Sukhumvit Soi 33, which hosts some of the finer establishments the metropolis has to offer.

This will be the same route my, um, friend takes next week to visit a lovely and talented young lady who has recently re-retired from her duties as a, uh, coryphée, at one of the formerly finer establishments in an area known colloquially as named after an American icon. However, this, er, friend, shall be heading the other direction, to Surin.

Good day sir,

SD

Gentlemen ,

thank you for your inspiring posts . Taking PB Air does not make too much sense, Sir , as the distance between BuriRam and Korat is 110 km . In the meantime I have studied the excellent website of the Thai Railways system and it looks as if Falang's suggestion to take a 2nd class aircon which offers catering services would be the solution of choice . Although it is also possible to rent a whole car for a lousy 30.000 Baht one way . Probably we could organise a mass exodus towards the Northeast and fill up an extra car with sweet farmers.

BuBi

It takes about 3 hours to get there by car.

Given you have to be at the airport an hour before, on the pkane fucking around for an hour, then an hour drive to Korat from airport, why not just hire a limo from Bangkok and arrive in style and have the use of a car while there?

I rent Toyota vans regularly, I useually pay between 1400 - 1800 a day depending of length of hire.

A drive MAX pay 1000 baht a day.

You can fit 10 of your chicken shit toed farmers in there, youself and a driver ;)

DOG

1400 doesn;t get a limo but it does get a mini van, toyota.

I use Krung Thai car rental, I think they have a web site, and I also use Lumpini car rental.

Lumpini is more expensive and not as new cars, the plus though is they require a 2000 Baht deposit and comes with full insurance.

Krung Thai you pay 30 000 baht deposit

Archived