Please help... I am desperate!!

Sorry guys,

But I need your help. I have just moved to Pattaya from upcountry and I don't know who to turn to. I am in the deep end right up to my neck... and I don't see any way out!

Let me explain.

I am living with a Thai woman in a five-year relationship that has turned very sour. I want to end it but she keeps staying on, demanding more and more money from me.

There is an ugly scene every day. It is unbearable. She is extremely jealous, almost to the point of being psychotic. I can't even make a phone call, without her demanding who it is and why I am calling them.

She will not let me go out of the house alone -- even to pay a few bills -- without her tagging along to make sure that I am not "jeebing". Heavens, I am not the perfect spouse, but I *AM* the completely faithful partner down to a tee, never two-timing or doing stuff wives usually complain about.

This relationship is definitely over. But how to get her out of my place without her smashing everything and causing a scene in the street... and even worse??

I told her she can take anything from the house that she wants, so long it is not my personal stuff. I have offered to help find a small apartment for her, pay the first month or two rent, plus some cash to live on till she finds a regular job. (She is not a BG).

But she won't hear a word of it. There is no way she would agree to leave. She wants to keep milking the cash cow forever. I am not well off and have exhausted ALL my savings on her.

She says that if I stop paying her, she will bring me down, both financially and physically and promises me 30 years rotting in a Thai prison if I don't cooperate.

You think I am kidding? Hardly. This woman is crazy.

She knows a few corrupt cops on the beach beat and says they have promised to make sure I get in deeper shite unless I co-operate with her and give her more money. That means beatings from the cops and them planting yabba or some other illegal junk in my place for a frame up... and prison.

Okay I know I shouldn't have gotten into this mess in the first place. But I need some *sensible* advice on what to do right now... today.

I am desperate. Please help!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like you got a big problem there. My advise is take what you can carrie and get the fuck out! If you have a joint bank accnt clean it out just befor leaving. why not move to bangkok or Chang Mai for a while? The last thing you want is an angry Thai girl with police connections after you... Hell hath no fury... Sorry, but this is the only thing I can think of without knowing more about your situation. It might be hard to do and seem a little cold harted but it's better than becoming another statistic!!! Run Forest Run!

Chok Dee Khrup!!!

Siam

As Siam IAm has said,

Get the fuck put of there, get a big bag together withdraw all your money, don't leave her a penny. And get a taxi to one of the nicer hotels in Pattaya. Have a pint there and get another taxi to say a nice hotel etc in Jomtien. Have bit to eat and then get a taxi to to a hotel in Bkk where you have no intention of staying ie the opposite side of town.

Walk out of the hotel on hail a cab down and get a cab to some where where you think you might be staying.

WALK to the hotel, you might think my advice is over the top but I have known TG track people down , its very easy for her to ask the local cab company where you were dropped off. A good friend of mine was tracked down in such a way, another friend had a similar situation to you in Pattaya he laid a smoke screen and it worked, although it was reported back that she had gone to the hotel he had first hailed a cab to, with the police in tow!!

The crucial thing here is to act fast and only take what you need, money and passport, clothes and suitcases in Thailand cost peanuts don't bother.

Don't tell anyone your plans, your not likliy to grass yourself up are you

!

Good luck shocked.gif" border="0

quote:

She knows a few corrupt cops on the beach beat and says they have promised to make sure I get in deeper shite unless I co-operate with her and give her more money. That means beatings from the cops and them planting yabba or some other illegal junk in my place for a frame up... and prison.

Somewhere along the line, you have shown this Thai woman that you are afraid of her and now she's milking it. She smells your fear.

At the end of the day, it's all bullshit threats (planting yabaa, and calling up bent cops). Call her bluff and tell her to go and get the cops. At least if she does go out, you're free to leg it.

Just out of interest, I showed this thread to my Thai girlfriend. She gave a haughty sneer and said "no Thai woman would turn into someone like that unless you'd done something really bad to her"

Sorry Tropic, her words not mine. I feel sorry for you I really do, but my answer is to stand up to her. Reasoning things out isn't going to work with this woman.

Actually, Spirit's plan is pretty good and worth considering.

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: Bangkok Phil ]

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: Bangkok Phil ]

BangkokPhil:

"Somewhere along the line, you have shown this Thai woman that you are afraid of her and now she's milking it. She smells your fear.

At the end of the day, it's all bullshit threats (planting yabaa, and calling up bent cops). Call her bluff and tell her to go and get the cops. At least if she does go out, you're free to leg it."

Phil, why chance it??? Shit like this happens all the time down there. Obviously this relationship is not worth salvaging if she is threating him for money so why even bother. Just seems like you'd be tempting fate by tipping your hand just to call her bluff (if it is a bluff).

BTW: someone mentioned after my post to use a "smoke screen" while makeing you escape...Exelent advise, I thought of that after I made my post, very important to follow that rule, these girls have a network the CIA would be proud of. Run long and far my friend and just hope you don't run into her again someday...It's a small world.

Siam

Reply to Tropic Nights:

I'm sure I speak for many on this forum. I'm sorry the relationship has deteriorated to this point, and it serves no purpose to go into how you got into this mess. You need help, now, and I think this Board is a good starting place.

Whatever you do, I recommend you plan VERY WELL first, then precisely execute the plan. Sounds like a military operation, huh? Well, there are many similarities here!

You must use deception and the element of surprise!

TO THE BOARD: Don't we have several Pattaya residents regularly visiting this forum? Can we get one or two of you to discreetly assist this man? (Emphasis on discreet). BE A FRIEND! It will make you feel pretty good if he succeeds. Put yourself in his shoes. He needs help! Maybe one of the Pattaya residents can assist with a ruse and allow him to make a run for it. Of course, anyone who helps must stay within the letter of the law to avoid trouble for themselves or worsening the situation.

Bangkok Phil is right in that I am sure that she has smelt your fear,and knows that the "monkey house" is a farangs greatest fear.

I don't know about "normal"Thai girls I have only ever been intimate with BG but I do know and have heard first hand from friends who I trust that BG can and do issue threats.

There standard stock in trade threat always does seem to revolve around police and set ups etc

A good approach although I think it may be too late for you would be to laugh it off, genuinely fall about laughing. I fear if you adopted this approach know she would be so incensed she would have to go to the police to save face.

If you've got the funds go to Phuckett, there is not much Pattya traffic to Phukett. This is not that relevant to you as the girl is not a BG but I know a lot of Pattaya BG who when times are slack go to Nana Disco etc, ie there is a lot of two way traffic and you could well be recognised.

As Bangkok Phil said, how did this situation come in to being, how did it start off?

TropicNights,

Just to re-inforce what has been said here, Spirit of the Town Hall is right.

Get out fast. I know it's hard to give up what you built uptake what you can carry and go. The advice about cabs etc is good advice, the more links the better as it will be harder for her to track you.

I would even consider going back home for a spell where ever that may be.

Don't call her bluff it would be too easy for her to get you in the monkey house. Even if she doesn't know any cops it wouldn't be hard to recruit a couple.

5 tablets of yaba in your bag and off to the cop station to shop you. Dead easy.

Go and go now. Go hide in amongst lots of other farangs in somewhere big and busy like BKK.

Keep us posted.

If you can, and others can advise if this is a good idea, notify the main police of her. Trump her so speak and at least its on record that she has threatened you. Make an official report including her stating that she knows corrupt cops. ALSO, if you are still a citizen of your mother country, be it America, England, wherever, notify the embassy and provide a statement also. Just in case it comes to fruition that she has you arrested, God forbid, its on record with the police and the embassy and this may help in case you're arrested.

To the others, this is no time for 'I told you so'. The important thing is sound advice.

I also agree in gathering up essentials (passport, cash, credit cards, bank information) and personal/sentimental items and getting out.

A good ruse could be, if he knows of any expats is to come visit him to go out making her tagging along more difficult. Perhaps someone on this board who is in Pattaya.

This may sound extreme and James Bond-ish, but if he has a tape recorder or can buy a mini tape recorder and record a conversation with her threatening him. Then making copies and keeping one at the embassy and on his person if arrested.

Good luck. I've been there myself in the States but it would scare the hell out of me if I was in a foreign country.

Archived