the "increasing violence" threads......

june11

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I am actually june11. And other times, I am jjsushi.

You guys are getting paranoid.

Let me ask you a question - what is a more important: personal gripes some members here seem to have with other members (which I am getting tagged with) in cyberspace or the level of violence in Thailand and whether there is a real danger to Farangs visiting Thailand?

All I did was ask about the latter. I am not supporting anyone's position - I simply asked a question, and apparantly I am not supposed to do that here.

what's your problem?

don't like Gaddy's posts?

[removed - KS ]and don't bother to reply to my post if you intend for me to read it. If I don't like someone I use the ingnore feature, that's what I have done to you and you sould do to those who don't post what you would like them to.

[Leave the profanity out of this, okay? - KS]

MaiLuk said:

I think he is accusing you of posting under "yyyy". :elf:

Do you dare deny it??? :xmsgrin:

GF and Ginzer are the same. IMO. Its painfully obvious actually. Gadster announced he was leaving for a long weekend and then WG started posting immediately thereafter. The sign up dates of both are very close... Well anyway if a guy uses a different computer to post then no way to know if the two are the same. Me thinks gaddy got emotionally invested in the debate causing him to stray from his usual intellectual style of argument. But he wasn't using the alias to troll so who cares?

I'll never admit to using alias(es). If i did it would be very easy for KS to know but i deny any knowledge of such activities.

I hope he's not accusing me of that, because if he did...well, let's not go there -- for now at least. :)

[:elf: :elf: :elf: :elf: :elf: :elf:]

I didn't even know there was a poster here named YYYY. :dunno:

Since Gadfly denied he is "william ginzer" a day or so ago in another thread (tempers flare), and said something to the effect that it is so absurd that it doesn't even merit discussion, I'll add this here......

Interesting that, in addition to a few of the clues I gave above (only a tiny fraction of the available clues), both William G. and gadfly like to use the phrase "bar stool pundt". Gadfly used it again a day or so ago in another thread, and has been using it for a long time (along with "william ginzer", who started using it back in 2001.....when both of these boys joined the forum).

Is it OK if we just call you Gadly Ginzer? Or how about William the Gadfly....or, what?

• 2 weeks later...
june11 said:

I posted the following concept about a year ago in a thread that was dominated by the poster "figjam " who was also droning on about increasing violence, and who also didn't understand the basics of population statistics.

I read this on one of my periodical (and ever more rare) "Thai boards checks".

I have "dominated" not one but several long threads about the nature and the prevalence of the violence in Thailand and the basic underlying culture of discrimination, corruption and unfairness in Thai society. My main point has never been the increase in violence (although I have produced links to official Thai crime stats which show the increased and increasing numbers over the recent years, since I supported others' claim that violence is on the increase in Thailand).

Thai-on-Thai violence definitely seems to go up, whether violence towards westerners is also going up in relative numbers other than in absolute numbers, is almost impossible to ascertain lacking any credible "population statistics" RE the number of westerners in Thailand.

All of this I had already pointed out in those threads.

Since you hadn't understood it then it doesn't surprise me to see you now writing here that I "was droning on about increasing violence without understanding the basics of population statistics"...

Thailand has always been a very very violent country. If you have chance to live in all Thai areas you should know. These Thais guys love to settle any small dispute by fire arms. They are ranked 3 in the world per capita for murders with firearms, just behind South Africa and Colombia. But actual rates could be even higher since lots of cases Thais are reluctant to report to police.

check out the nation master stats.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir_percap-crime-murders-firearms-per-capita

But the big concern for me is that over the years the crimes against foriegners are hitting epedemic. Just think how many murders, rapes, assaults, robberies, ect of foreigners recently. It's hard to count, but it's definitely on daily basis now, with lots of incidents that are not reported or are not in any media.

I definitely feel Thai guys are getting more viscious and daring to attack or assalut foriegners now for money, or in disputes or for no obvious reasons, compared to years ago. I personally had a few close calls being attacked by Thai guys in night establishments but just got away in time each times barely. I honestly don't feel safe in Bangkok especially at night times now as I used to feel years ago.

Archived