the "increasing violence" threads......

june11

Thanks for the links KK.

Now I could say "An Incident happened to a friend" but I'll cut the crap, It happened to me.

Around late 96 or early 97, I was in BKK for a 4 day blast from Saudi cant remember which eid holiday it was, the (then) Mrs was in our house in Pattaya and only knew of my expected leave cycle, so I sneaked in under her radar.

Being with a bunch of Brits who had all spent the last few weeks in the Desert we were partying hard as one can imagine, liquid breakfast in the Dynasty, Lunch / afternoon session in Jools, early evening sat at either Golden Bar or Lucky Lukes and then into the plaza.

Staggering out of NEP and heading back to the Dynasty on cruise control I was apprehended by a cute looking freelancer who tlaked me into taking me back to the hotel, not that I was in any state to make use of her.

I can vividly remember her straddling my semi concious body topless jiggling her tits encouraging me to "Suck on these, Lick them" etc, and when half comotosed from Alcohol and a pair of jubblies bouncing in front of you one tends to not need much encouragment.

I came to at about 5 PM the following day, she was gone and everything of value had also dissapeared. FOrtunatley I only had about 300 Baht cash on me, some imitation watch and a 1 Baht gold chain, all valuables were in the deposit box.

I was aware of the stories circulating at the time, and as of this day I am still unsure if I was the victim of this or just so goddammed drunk I passed out and she took what she could find and left.

Lets say is was '96, well back then I would not have considered myself a Newbie, having started xoming to Thailand in '88 and moving here in '91, but damn that was the one night that broke the cherry of my Naivety.

Since that day I have, either by luck or better judgment, avoided any potentionaly hazardous situations.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

June 11, for the sake of your argument let's assume our chances of being a victim of violent crime may not be as great or remains the same (as before) but let's look at the issue this way. If the farang population is growing, and crime rates remain constant, then one can only assume more crime is occuring even though the cfq (crime/falang quotient) is the same.

I for one believe the crime rate has jumped markedly. The causual yaba seller has quit (due to risk of premature death via gunshot) therefore robbing or assaulting a farang tourist is a much lesser risk to undertake.

Fortunately for me, i don't fit the typical profile to be a victim (other than my skytrain pass being nicked while I'm showering). so my chances are pretty good.

maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like the 'increased" violence has been directed at falang residents rather than random violence against tourists. If you live there the chance of being involved in an incident rises from just more time spent as well as chances to piss someone off/seem like a good target.

so still a great place for a holiday, but maybe not to retire to?

Hi!

Can someone explain to me how a woman can rub this sh!t on her skin and not be affected, but if someone licks it off they die? Sorry, but I call bullsh!t on that one.

I asked a friend that is a GP about this and he said that considering the thin skin on the nipple/areaola it would be highly unlikely. Hence I agree that this urban myth is BS.

regards

ALHOLK

Anyone with half a brain, and who has a few minutes to look at your previous posts and then at "Gadfly1" posts, can see that you are obviously the same poster. Others on this board have also stated that. "What I find so surprising" (a favorite phrase of Gadfly, and often of "william g." is Gadfly feels he needs to use william to lend support to his "arguments" (actually i'm not "surprised", but just felt like using that phrase to see how it feels....William sometimes substitutes "strange" for "surprising", as in "what i find so strange"). Gadfly likes to drone on about the increasing dangerousness of bangkok (without understanding the quantitative points I made in my post), but then uses "william" (who pretends to be an expat in hong kong who spends LOTS of time in the bangkok nightlife) to "chime in" on various recent threads about how dangerous bangkok seems to be nowadays, and how he's thinking twice about "visiting" from hong kong......Ah, yes, this adds some nice support to gadfly when other people (like william) think bangkok is more dangerous now........

"And what I find so surprising" is how these "two individuals", who obviously have the same interests and style, almost never engage each other in conversation......!!!!....except for one or two replies from william to gadfly along the lines of "yeah, i'm hearing that bangkok nightlife sucks now and I'll find some other destination to go to"...

Do people really go through the trouble to make an alias to support their online opinion?

I also question the authenticity of 'the nipple poisoning', and the under the tongue thing smacks with fiction also. Wouldn't the huckster be affected by 'sublingual' transmission?

buddha said:

Do people really go through the trouble to make an alias to support their online opinion?

JJsushi has been accused several times of creating supportive aliases by malcontent posters with axes to grind. When people can't disprove what you post with facts they attempt to discredit you with other mechainisms. Some even go crying to the moderators. Even the moderators have axes to grind. Truly is a shame.

THEY JUST LOVE TO HATE WHAT THEY CAN"T APPRECIATE!!!!! ::

Archived