the "increasing violence" threads......

june11

soongmak said:

old archive story..

What archive? From what paper/magazine/website? Who wrote the story? Don't be such a lazy bugger and at least quote where you got the information from. For all I know, you could've made those stories up yourself! :liar:

from my own archive as i have been monitoring thai stuff online for about 15 years .

originally they would have come from the thai or international press but over the years links get lost or are not available any more.

but if you root around in news archives you might find them somewhere. 1996 is 10 years ago and you expect links ! 555

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bangkoktraveler said:

BuffHello, I have to admit I find [color:"red"]"News reports also informed that the gangsters who engage in drugging

male tourists have a member who is a German male with a Thai wife

by the name of "Vassana." He is reigning as a crime boss supervising

and grooming Thai girls in his bar. [color:"black"] hard to swallow. I never thought of falangs getting Thais to fuck falangs.

:barf:

well over theyears there have been some pretty nasty pieces of work operating in Pattaya ,germans especially .So i am not surprised at such a setup. Occasionaly they were shot dead in Naklua i recall. (lot of germans live in Naklua)

I think pattaya has always been violent if your luck is out.

But it used to be more crime by stealth now its a bash the farang on the head or shoot him for a paultry ammount.

I asked the same question William. I think its a valid question. Maybe people have the rose tinted glasses on, and hate anybody suggesting that their hedonistic heaven may have social problems...just like anywhere else in the world.

I watch the news without much of an opinion these days. The news has an agenda always. Its made up if half truths, and its ideologically loaded.

Bad news is always reported because humans love to hear bad news. I know it sounds sick but people enjoy watching bad news. Its become a form of entertainment. Its big business nowdays the news.

IMHO, out of all the news I ve heard where ever I ve been,its always blown out of proportion. I ve never had a problem in Thailand with anyone, apart from one farang one night, and a bar girl threw a gin tonic over me. Hardly frontpage news on the Bangkok Post.

Its also good to know how the news is reported. The news always reports stories that suggest we are moving away from the status quo, eg, "the police say that crime rates have increased by 40 % over the last 5 years"

The news also will strive for continuity when reporting. For example there was a period in the UK when there was a murder case reported to do with roadrage. It became a national story. For a few months after this there were reports of roadrage cases all the time. People were saying that roadrage cases were on the increase. They werent. Just reported more. Social issues dont appear overnight.

Also, lets say there are 50 murders a day in the UK. The murder case that will be reported on will be the one or two that are the most poignant for the audience. For example the student girl who was just about to graduate with her Phd was brutally raped and murdered. The news will report this rather than the 2 "scum bags" who were drunk and fighting outside a bar and one knifed the other. The more the story can be dramatised and a narrative can be created with a background to the story,then the audience are drawn in. As if they are watching a soap.

remember news is about audience and rating numbers. Its a business and a very competitive one of that. So many things happen everyday,that the news can weave a lovely poignant soap opera from the events.

I watch it, if |I do watch it with indifference. I dont really care what happens. No point worrying about whats out of your

control. Since time began there has been murders and disasters. Thats just the way it is.

BuffHello said:

old archive story..

But if

there was no drink available I could pass it on by placing it under my

tongue and very quickly giving the man a deep kiss. If they complained,

I told them it was an aphrodisiac. The third way was to rub it on my

nipples and let the tourist suck on them. They took about 20 minutes to

pass out."

Can someone explain to me how a woman can rub this sh!t on her skin and not be affected, but if someone licks it off they die? Sorry, but I call bullsh!t on that one.

1996 is 10 years ago and you expect links ! 555

Dude,

You should learn to read first. This is what I wrote:

What archive? From what paper/magazine/website? Who wrote the story? Don't be such a lazy bugger and at least quote where you got the information from. For all I know, you could've made those stories up yourself!

Now where does that say I expected a link? Nowhere, right? You should simply quote the source, simply out of courtesy to the original writer.But if you can't be bothered to tell who the source is, I can't be bothered with reading those vague news clippings.

SHe had also said she would put it in her mouth...which to me ment if it is in her mouth no ptoblem, his mouth, problem...doesn't make sense...I would also think if is was a powerful enough drug to knock him out by licking it, then it could eventually be absorded through her skin...also, I would think he would notice the wett stuff on her nips...I have heard of them putting something in your drink...the rest sounds a bit like urban legend, but if she admits it, o.k. maybe...

Archived