Does your wife cook?

limbo

It's been known that some of you guys out here are married and of those the majority is married to Thai girls.

If you're married to a Thai girl or have a Thai GF, does she cook and if so what's the dish you fancy most.

My wife can cook but doesn't do so much, we tend to eat out most of the times or I eat bread at home in the evenings if I had a hot meal during the daytime.

Last night she made a local/southern dish, squid with coconut milk and young tamarind leaves, delicious. Tom kha tie plaa meuk.

Her fermented rice is also great, Kao Mhaak.

Off topic but related, her mum makes a great Muu Waan, another local/Southern dish. Pork in a sweetish brown sauase/soup, normnally only dished up at weddings and the like.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...My wife can cook but doesn't do so much, we tend to eat out most of the times or I eat bread at home in the evenings if I had a hot meal during the daytime..."

Now see, that kind of bullshit wouldn't cut it in my house! In my house, I am the boss, I'd say "...look bitch, wiggle that cute little ass into the kitchen and make me something to eat, right fucking now! and you'd better look pretty god damned good doing it too, or you are going to lose your good thing, now move it! Or I will find a younger hotter girl to do it instead...!! " That is how a man handles that situation... :bow: :bow: :beer: :beer:

Myself, I cook a lot of Italian dishes, and a lot of Thai dishes...the more time Ihave, the more effort I put into it.

Guest lazyphil

My mrs loves cooking, tom kai gai, laab, currys (a no no now, diet), lots of dishes i dont/cant remember names of.....cooks a mean roast lamb dinner, watched my mum once and that was enough, she loves my spag bol and shepherds pies i rustle up.

Well my TW didn't do much cooking untill I married her 'cos she didn't have to!

But since then she'd been extremely good at picking up on it & now she basically does most thai disches that we fancy & a few lovely farang disches to boot like the bolognese ala thai, chilli con carne, steaks the works ;):up:

OH: get real :)

My wife cooks all right.

It is just that basically she whips up the same stuff she used to eat in the mu baan.

Main ingrediens seem to be pla rah and chilies along with unccoked veggies.

Not surprisingly the kids don`t exactly appreciate that.

So I cook for us and she cooks for herself, been going on for 14 years like that.

However, if we have friends over for dinner, she will cook mainstream thai dishes and she is a great cook.

Dtom Yam of any varity probably is my all time favourite.

Closely followed by Phat Kaphao.

But I could mention the first 10 dishes that I wouldn`t mind eating every single day.

cheers

hua nguu

the one dish that never seem to come out very well over here is for some reason the variants of larb say larb gai, larb moo etc.

also som tam never really hit it off perfectly...

gaeng paa, tom yam, tom kha, gaeng keaw wan, panang, kapaw, omelets etc however are always nice ;)

of course when she tries to experiement with the more fiery or wierd southern or isaan moo ban dishes then I'm out of there!!

Archived