Goldfinger (not the james bond movie)

Thermaaaa again

closing times

holiday closings

enfolced closings

revelsed closing times

airport

spoiled stomach

as he hopes that the spoiled stomach remains a one time event he certainly is not posting his airport question in the health forum!

The caretaker PM announced a few weeks back that it would absolutely, definitely, 100%, for certain...open in August, and hinted at defamation suits if anyone claimed otherwise. The next day some engineers and reps of some international airport association said there was no way it would open for regular passenger traffic in August.

OK, the good news. I spoke to a friend of mine who is working on the airport (this is admittedly second-hand) and he said it will probably open later this year. His guess - and the fact that he called it a guess gave him credibility in my eyes - was around October.

The new airport will make Pattaya much more convenient. When I drive down to Pattaya I always pass by the new airport, and the worst of the traffic is usually before I reach the new airport. Traffic patterns will presumably change after the new airport is in actual service, but I think this will give Pattaya a boost.

Judging from escalating real estate prices in and around Pattaya (from Baeng Saen to Rayong), the market seems to share this opinion. Meanwhile, back in Bangkok the market is starting to sag.

My current GF who is a gov school teacher very Nr Don Muang, is adamant that she has been told by the schools director that domestic flights will continue from Don Muang. The issue for her and her colleagues are the number of kids with parents working at the airport and the implications of closing Don Muang completely for that community and economy.

JP

There was earlier plans for domestic flights to stay there, but not Thai Airways - if I arrive from Copenhagen, checked in to Phuket which is an international airport how can they transport me and my luggage to DM? Later it was low price carriers (both domestic and international) and cargo. Later again military reminded that they own the airport.

So what's the future - my guess

1. As the capacity of the new airport will not be 100 % directly low price carriers including their domestic flights and cargo will stay 1-2-3 year, but not TG domestic.

2. Some outer parts of the airport will be transformed into convention centre and commerical buildings.

3. Military will keep the major part of the airport.

4. In about 10 years the airport will be closed because of the develpment of Bangkok.

att man at work ,, is the capital of thailand manila!!

att samak oh i do go to duzit zoo also ( haaaa)

and my spelllingggg is better ...

ps is in the night life section ,, so leave airport and enter goldfingers with my suit case !!!!!!

thanks for the comments,,,

so, possibly, for my next trip to thailand at christmas, airline schedules show flights to don muang, but could it be changed at a later date to the new airport i wonder.

would be nice to come into the new airport if i am travelling to pattaya :)

glyn said:

so, possibly, for my next trip to thailand at christmas, airline schedules show flights to don muang, but could it be changed at a later date to the new airport i wonder.

would be nice to come into the new airport if i am travelling to pattaya :)

While you luggage is going to Singapore....

If I remember right, EVERY opening of a major airport started with major problems with luggage transport.

Archived