Good work, itsmedave, Da Vinci Code approved

rickfarang

others much more thoughtful than I have weighed in on this issue. (most are better spellers to boot)

"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith, I am nothing."

Any clod can have the facts; having beliefs is an art. ~ Charles McCabe

ed note:

in my experience the most vocal & obnoxious of christians have 0 interest in facts

& like gov. Jessie Ventura stated:

Christians are mental cripples seeking supernatural crutches.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts.

"I have encountered a few 'creationists' and because they were usually nice, intelligent people, I have been unable to decide whether they were really mad or only pretending to be mad. If I was a religious person, I would consider creationism nothing less than blasphemy. Do its adherents imagine that God is a cosmic hoaxer who has created the whole vast fossil record for the sole purpose of misleading humankind ?" - Arthur C. Clarke.

"The most basic reason why God could not do it is because the concept of God requires humans to exist."

"Your Highness, I have no need of this hypothesis." - Pierre Laplace (1749-1827), to Napoleon on why his works on celestial mechanics made no mention of God.

Pray, n:. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.

"Religion is a magical device for turning unanswerable questions into unquestionable answers"

"An atheist doesn't have to be someone who thinks he has a proof that there can't be a god. He only has to be someone who believes that the evidence on the God question is at a similar level to the evidence on the werewolf question."

Who says I am not under the special protection of God? ~ A. Hitler

the DeVinci Code prologue has Jesus in Bangers laid up with an Issan lass

Po' ol Jesus (pronounced "hey sus") went BB (he was against condoms) & got the first case of herpes.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization. - Bumper sticker.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have read the book and am surprised about the size of the airbubble that arises from a meaningless event .( I am not an atheist , I am currently believing in Goddess Nok of Isaan . )

It looks as if uproars without any substance are made to prove the existence of a superior idea which is also without any substance unless you believe it has any . Wasn't there something with a Mohamed cartoon in Denmark recently ? But these complaining were just hysteric muslim fuckups , while now ........ well .

BuBi

It was strongly jeered at the Cannes Festival and had very bad critics here in France.

Saw it yesterday and without being controversial, if the book was "only" stupid, the movie is REALLY a boring shit. Many people have whistled at the end.

:down:

I'm not surprised of those 77 millions in three days.

Americans just LOVE conspíracy theories .... considering that 25% of the US population are brain-dead trailer park trash rednecks who have a vision of the universe in which the Secret Masters of the U.N. control everything and who "see" black U.N helicopters in their backyards, this pathetic conspiracy movie should be a MAIN success in america ...

:rotfl:

Years ago an X-rated movie came out on Sodom and Gomorrah. Too bad it was x-rated, it would have made the box offices and the churches ring. I busted out laughing of the men climbing the olive trees to get some olives so they could squeeze them and put the oil on their cocks. Then they would go back to ass fucking.

I am waiting for somebody to make a movie about Moses. I think the scenes were grown men had to show their penises and then other men cutting the end of those men's penises off (circumcision) would create more controversy then any movie in the past.

Another good movie would be that of another wacko called Abraham would had his son help him build a large pile of wood so he could tie his son on top of the wood pile. Somehow god told him not to cook his son so he didn't.

'True, in America 77 million in three days...but that was nothing compared to Int'l ticket sales, 224 mil in the first weekend, the highest grossing film ever by that measure'

not disputing your comment but how many are going to see it because of all the hype?.

i haven't seen any really positive reviews yet.

i'll wait a Year and watch it when it comes out on TV.

Archived