Any US Embassy personal here?

khunsanuk

Hi KS,

Just saw this (I don't read the board that often these days). I would love to help Smiley and it would have been easy for me to do a year or so ago, but now, no.

It sounds like there is some confusion between 'notarizing' and 'certifying.'

Yes, the Embassy continues to do notarizing as all the American officers working there have the stamp and can do it.

As far as I know, the Embassy is still doing some certifications too. For example, I believe they will certify your salary/pension for Thai Immigration. They certainly used to certify diplomas, etc. too, but it sounds like that has changed.

I emailed a couple of friends over there to see what they have to say, but I suppose Smiley will have this taken care of before I hear from them.

Please tell Smiley I said hi. He is a great guy. :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"It sounds like there is some confusion between 'notarizing' and 'certifying.'"

Ah, may very well be the case.

"Please tell Smiley I said hi. He is a great guy."

Will do. He's a daddy now too btw. Got himself a cute little daughter.

Sanuk!

AllenBlue said:

Sorry to hijack this - but Sarisin - missing the Blog!

AllenBlue

Thanks for mentioning this. I had some problems with posting on blogger.com. For about a week I wrote my blog, tried to post and it wouldn't work. Very frustrating to write and not be able to post it. Even worse, their 'helpdesk' ignored multiple requests for assistance.

I will likely get back to writing again now that I am back in the LOS. There really wasn't a whole to write about in New Jersey anyway. :)

But yesterday, at California Fitness....

Archived