US Troops Deserting

candyfloss

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"the people whose very comfortable standard of living seems to be magically divorced from oil production"

I think McBif hits it right on the head here. It seems that to be able to sit back and complain is pure priviledge, regardless of if you are complaining about 'babykillers' or 'ultra liberals'.

Hi!

a) This borders on the supernatural.

I happen to be old enough to remember the Vietnam war. I don't know if you are that old. However if you are you might recall atrocities such as the bombings of Hanoi, chemical warfare (agent orange) and operation phoenix. My Lai was just one of the atrocities committed by the invaders.

B) I assume you're referring to the Muhammed al-Durrah incident. It's doubtful he was killed by the Israelis, even accidentally. Please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammed_al-Dura

The wikipedia although interesting is not necessarily an absolute truth. Whenever the Israelis commit atrocities there are always people who defend them. If they completely lack arguments they will most likely burst out in accusations of anti semitism etc.

By the way, I don't know where you get the idea I'm an American. I'm not.

Please accept my most humble apologies. :neener: No offense was intended. :: You did however sound precisely like an American that I would suspect voted for the bush.

In closing, I don't think you give a flying fuck for the Iraqis.

I don't but I do give a flying fuck about the world as such. I want to live in a world where people in small countries like Iraq or my own country are allowed to run their countries as they see fit without being invaded and murdered by a super power.

I think you love the Americans, Alholk. You hold them to such high standards,

Many good things have come from America and some bad as well, e.g. KFC :neener:.

I don't hold them to high standards. They do that themselves. The problem is that that they have one set of standards for themselves and one for others.

regards

ALHOLK

Hi!

But one of three competing "liberation" organizations asked for Cuban help.

Cuba helped the acting government, not a liberation movement. Grantedly it was not a democratic government but then again your county has never had a problem supporting dictatorships as long as they are alowed to select the dictator.

I think Sweden's neighbors across the Baltic Ocean would rank the Soviet Union as the nation most shameless about interfering in the rights of other countries.

You should red newspapers on a more regular basis. The Soviet union has not existed for ~15 years. :neener:

No doubt Palestinian children have been caught in the cross-fire during gun battles and it's very tragic. But that's still light years away from suicide and other bombers targeting day-care centers, pizzerias and busses carrying school children.

If you check statistics I think you will find that about 3 times as many Palestinians as Jews have been killed during the intifada. At least this was the case a couple of years ago.

regards

ALHOLK

P.S. I suggest that you stick to posting in English as your Swedis isn't very good. :D

I guess John Wayne would probably be Bush' choice for an icon too.

'Red Dawn' was a classic good guys versus bad guys scenario. In reality there would be no 'clean' fight. All muslims, men, women and children would be considered legitimate targets. So would any Americans, and their families, who collaborated with them. The rules would go out the window.

Anyway you made my point for me. An invasion of the US by muslim forces would be nothing like a Hollywood movie. Not unless Tarantino made it.

Guest lazyphil

<< My Lai was the rule rather than an exception. >>

ABSOLUTE FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!

Good to hear that from someone that was there.

"I suggest that you stick to posting in English as your Swedis isn't very good."

He swedish is better than the english of many native english speakers. Either remove the first "r" or the "!" and it's perfect.

::

Many thanks, elef. I should have remembered that in the imperative, it's "ha"and not "har." But what Alholk may have been referring to is that the correct Swedish phrase is Trevlig helg! and the addition of "ha en" is an Anglicized usage (which was my intention). There have been whole Op-Ed pieces in Swedish newspapers about why it's wrong to use the literal translation of "have a nice day!" or "have a nice weekend!"

Of course, if we want to mention mistakes in writing non-native languages, I could remind Alholk that its "read newspapers" not "red newspapers" and Swedish not Swedis, but I guess I won't.

EP

:devil:

Hi!

In his first replay to me a couple of months ago he ended the post with a comment in Norwegian. This lead me to beleive that he was Norwegian. His response he was an American that had lived in Sweden and spoke the lingo. My gut reaction was that a foreigner that has lived in Sweden and speaks the language wouldn't respond to a Swede in Norwegian even if he spoke Norwegian. In my opinion this bloke totally lacks credibillity.

regards

ALHOLK

chuckwoww said:

Anyway you made my point for me. An invasion of the US by muslim forces would be nothing like a Hollywood movie.

That was your point? That real war isn't like a movie? Wow, Chuck, that's some pretty deep thinking. And I thought you were just trying to lighten up the thread with a reference to Red Dawn.

Actually, I'd rather talk about John McClane than John Wayne. Bruce Willis in Die Hard as John McClane is the perfect metaphor for the U.S. war against terror, with Alan Rickman as Hans Gruber representing the Islamists.

Hans Gruber: So you really think you have a chance against us, Mister Cowboy?

John McClane: Yippee ki-yay, m*therf*cker!

You can't imagine how many times through the years I've ended a conversation with a Muslim or Arab with yippee ki-yay (not the whole quote, only yippee ki-yay). Mostly I just get puzzled looks back, but sometimes real expressions of hatred. Either way, it's beautiful and never fails to make my day.

Finally, I want to leave you with one of the funniest jokes I've ever heard:

Three strangers strike up a conversation in the airport passenger lounge in Bozeman, Montana, awaiting their flights. One is an American Indian passing through from Lame Deer. Another is a Cowboy on his way to Billings for a livestock show and the third passenger is a fundamentalist Arab student, newly arrived at Montana State University from the Middle East.

Their discussion drifts to their diverse cultures. Soon, the two others learn that the Arab is a devout, radical Muslim and the conversation falls into an uneasy lull.

The cowboy leans back in his chair, crosses his boots on a magazine table and tips his big sweat-stained hat forward over his face. The wind outside is blowing tumbleweeds around, and the old windsock is flapping; but still no plane comes.

Finally, the American Indian clears his throat and softly he speaks, "At one time here, my people were many, but sadly, now we are few."

The Muslim student raises an eyebrow and leans forward.

"Once my people were few," he sneers, "and now we are many. Why do you suppose that is?"

The Montana cowboy shifts his toothpick to one side of his mouth and from the darkness beneath his Stetson says in a drawl, "That's 'cause we ain't played Cowboys and Muslims yet, but I do believe it's a-comin'."

EP

:devil:

Archived