U.S. Customs searches...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

" mood " may be the better point , i've got to beleive that because of 911 , and since Homeland Security took over the points of entry into the US , it's all about profiling , US citizens and foreigners alike. So you and I are fucked , the only difference is , I get to stay here.... :rotfl:

Bada :beer: Bing

• 2 weeks later...
cavanami said:

For US citizens, I have seen the immy's put a "tick mark" on your Custom's form and then you are pulled off to the side.

From what I have seen, it can begin with the immy's and then on to the Custom folks.

this is what happened to me. My arrival form was definately marked differently from previous visits by the Immigration Officer. Forgot what he wrote exactly, but it wasn't a big 1 (indicating one person).

Had to show/count all my money after telling them how much I was carrying.

How goes the inquiry using the Freedom of Information Act, Old Hippie?

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cavanami said:

[color:"red"]For US citizens, I have seen the immy's put a "tick mark" on your Custom's form and then you are pulled off to the side.

From what I have seen, it can begin with the immy's and then on to the Custom folks. [color:"black"]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have gotten an A for agriculture several times.

I assume there are other codes/letters/numbers which have meaning.

I put down "agraculture products" once, when I was bringing back lots of spices, and the immigration officer marked my card for inspection. The only thing that they wouldn't let me keep were chili peppers. I'm routinely pulled over, because I am bringing back two large suitcases and one or two pieces of handluggage, and I'm by myself. They are mainly looking for commercial goods that I could sell (which I do but I don't bring in suitcases full of chop sticks but have many handicrafts in the luggage). They have found DVD's before and if I had one or two, ehey would just leave them. However, about a year ago, I was bringing back 20 DVD's and they kept 17 of them, but left the THai DVD's. I just bought a laptop, mainly for use at my new house in Chiang Mai, and it should be interesting to see if it triggers any alarms with customs.

Bangkoktraveler said:

Dean, I bring back DVDs and never had a problem. What I do is wrap them in bubble wrap and tape the shit out of the package.

Good way to convince them you are trying to hide something. If they're not on the customs declaration, oh well.

:liar:

I've been told, on a flight back from Puerto Vallarta on Alaska Air by a flight attendant, that if you are below the limit (which is either $600 or $800), then you don't have to fill out the back and itemize. So, I haven't for the past year.

Archived