Korat . Assorted

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

as my sweetheart did successfully arrive at her hometown somewhere in the woods outside Korat ( I get the impression that they do not even have electricity there , is this possible ?) various questions arise .

- Daughter ( 15 ) goes to a school but does not learn English . No like . Do the esteemed boardmembers have any idea how this can be solved locally . There seems to be a bus going into town center several times a day .

- I am now into pig farming ; very interesting subject which has been on my agenda for decades . I am already in contact with an Australian gentleman who turns pigs into biogas or something . Any input would be graciously rewarded . I am dead serious about this by the way , this will be done professionally .

- I received this very day a photo of the family estate . Oh my Lord . Are there any boardmembers who are familiar with the Korat local building scenery , the material is wood .

Unfortunately I cannot discuss this over the phone because we do not understand our languages . Which guarantees peaceful evenings :up: , but unless we can use bodylanguage :censored: it is kind of an obstacle .

Respectfully

BuBi

Looking at this project from a sociological point of view : A from-scratch approach to replant an Isaan flower to where she belongs . I'll keep you posted .

Agricultural love?

Nice move.

About pigs, maybe the german embassy as something like a chamber of commerce?

So you could use their services to make some contacts with german or maybe european companies involved in this kind of business?

(I know the belgian and french ones have this)

By the way the only pigs I ever met in thailand were from the farang species.

Korat is a very big commercial center the will be no problem in getting things built. getting it built in the way you want is another thing. I would suggest you seek out a Thai project manager refered to by a reputable person. He will speed things along I would hope!

There is actually the "GERMAN-THAI INSTITUTE" just outside Bangkok, a friend is very involved with its operations; let me know if you want an introduction.

Gas from chicken and pig manure was used by vehicles in Europe during WW2, you can find photo's of cars and small trucks with large tanks strapped to their rear ends.

As far as the English taught in provincial Thai schools, most of the teachers can only read english but not speak it, so the kids learn the alphabet but not much else. Some larger towns will have private acadamies, many with Phillapino teaching staff that do a credible job of English instruction.

Many thanks gentlemen , I will later this day contact you by pm for further details . You good heart .

Problem unsolved is how the educated gentleman could travel from Bangkok to Korat under suitable circumstances . Searching through the web for a secretively operating airline I came across a board called " Thai Visa " where a load of falang individuals torture their brain over the question if a taxi from Don Muang to a " Northern Bus Station " should cost 98 baht or better 87 . Further how to get a suitcase from an upper level to a lower level . Human civilisation on the final nosedive . Then there is an express train which takes about 5 hours and by car it is 3 hours I was told . All this is not very inspiring . The company outside Bangkok operating private planes is not allowed to undertake transportation , training only . I am facing a dead end road , crisis . I have now contacted the riverlodge to do something about it . Before I enter my next relationship in a development country I shall add " Transportation " to my due diligence scheme . Occasionally I start to think what life would be like if there were no women hence no pigfarms . Just a thought .

BuBi

Archived