WORLD CUP TALK.

sayjann

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sad the french lost it. Based on the second half and ET, they deserved the win. Italy seemed quite content to get to penalties and I was sure they were going to win it. Barthez is not exactly an imposing figure, is he? :) I fancied Buffon to be the hero for Italy and I was quite surprised that he didn't stop even one penalty. Penalties are no way to finish a WC. :down:

I feel sad for Zidane, I wanted him to win it, but he completely lost it. That's one hell of a way to end your career. ::

Whatever was said to ZZ it was very harsh and very personal. It had to be for him to react like that. ZZ understands Italian very well, having played for Juve for a number of years. He was wrong and deserved to be sent off, but I can only guess what was said and the Italian player said it to get a reaction out of him. Its all fair in their way of playing the game but it wouldn't be in England. The differences in cultures as I noted in an earlier post.

The first french goal was a dive and the referee had another spot on penalty that he didn't award france because he got the first wrong, or at least thats my guess.

France came close. I think had Vieira, ZZ and Henry stayed on the pitch, they'd have probably sent the PKs to the next 5 and possibly nicked a win. Buffon was the more in form keeper but frankly, neither he or Bartez looked like they were going to stop any of the PKs.

I don't know about any of you but I went away afterwards feeling as if something was missing. I didn't feel satisfied. Hard to explain but I had this unfulfilled feeling after it was all done.

Congrats to the Italians.

limbo said:

Same here Steve,

Not a very good game IMHO and to finish with PK's, :down: dissapointing is an understatement.

ZZ completely lost it indeed, wonder what Materazzi called him.

Why do the play 2 hours of soccer , then go to who can score kicks into the goal from 10 meters away to decide who rules the world in soccer ???? Pretty lame , 3rd world logic I guess , GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL , for what ?

Bada :barf: Bing

soccer?........what were you watching?

99.9% of the World were watching FOOTBALL...........

but don't you lad's go into OT if it's a Draw after 7 Hours of stop/start play?.

at least FOOTBALL doesn't stop play every 5 seconds for a commercial break......... :shakehead

i like Penalties,i think a good way to finish a Game.

What an absolute pussy effort. If you're going to head butt someone at least make it a real one...........might as well as slapped him. He needs a few George Piggons lessons in the art of head butts. This is what put's me off soccer sometimes.....all the nancy boy antics they get up to. I've seen 8 year olds take a hard knock better than these guys.

Archived