which hotel in hua hin?

drogon

drogon said:

Thx BB and Tim

but what disturbed me about worabura is that it seems to be far from the central area. (sofitel and PIER)

Or am I wrong?

Drogon,

Definitely not down town. Anantara is the same.

These hotels are away from the city and are nice resorts to get away from it all. They are quiet. Some people prefer these. Hilton and Sofitel are nice too, and are in town. Depends on what you are looking for.

Cheers

Tim

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drogon

4k does not bring you into Hilton or Sofitel, even in low season. but into Central Village which is sister hotel of Sofitel just across the road that goes to the public beach. so you can benefit from all the great facilities of Sofitel and stay at the lower priced Central Village.

i have also heard good things about the White Sand Beach Hotel; it is a nice smaller hotel direct at the beach, which is well in your price range. 5 minutes by car to the city center.

and a few clarifications to other posters from a frequent weekend traveller to Hua Hin:

the PP villa is on Damnoenkasem road, the road that turns from the main Petkasem road after the temple to the left and goes to the beach, Sofitel, Hilton etc. right at the corner with Naresdamri road, which goes to the Hilton and the bar area.

the 2 hotels with same name is the Jed Pee Nong, not the PP Villa but just 50 meters from there. there was some conflict in the family some years ago and they made 2 hotels out of one.

but both, PP Villa and Jet Pee Nong are significantly BELOW the range that Drogon gave

just looked up prices on thaihotel and suprised to see that 4k brings you even into Sofitel and Hilton, but Central Village still a bargain at significant lower price.

but of course just in lower season!

i remember some years ago i could walk into Sofitel at a low season weekend and negotiate the price down to 1500 THB; for that the resort is now too popular...

I know as I already booked part of my trip with Tim.

Was jsut suprised to see the prices on offer for the hilton and sofitel.

Now as I am not on company expenses this time I am watching more closely the accomodation prices.

::

Will have to choose between worabora-hilton or sofitel.

I stayed at the:

Puangpen Villa Hotel which is the P.P. Villa.

11 Damnernkaseam Road.

Tel. 6632 533785

Almost across street is the Sofitel (from the side). Short walk to beach. Tuk-tuks gather at corner.

I think I paid around 850 baht. Had pool. Many other smaller hotels in this area.

Look at:

www.observergroup.net/hhmap_new.jpg

PP Villa Hotel is next to Buffalo Bill's on this map. Note that Buffalo Bill's has moved, though.

drogon,

to spend your honeymoon in HuaHin I do definitely recommend Anantara resort . I have no idea what somebody could find interesting about HuaHin but this is a truely nice place , BuBi approved . Look it up under Thaihotels , they offer rates below 4000 as it looks . Don't be stingy , you will soon find out that the beginning of your romance has been the cheapest part of it .

BiBi

Now the cheapest part will be after in my case.....

(joking)

Honeymoon? not really, rather swimming course as I have to teach her how to swim (I caught a nice fish maybe?)

honeymoon?

Nope will be venezia for that.

Anantara seems good but I read a few negative reviews.

So I still hesitate

::

I stayed at PP Vilas BUT after i came back I decided to stay at PEONY

friendlier service,

Inroom Internet (cable)

small pool as well

oposite sofitel entrance (good for pickups to the golfcourses)

price in the 1k2-1k5 range

minus: no inroom safe.

for PP, you will not find any rooms anymore below 1k3 anymore..

Archived