Thai food you don't like........

limbo

We all kinda like Thai food, I'd figure, however, there must be some Thai dishes that you rather pass on.

For me it's Kaeng Som, the orange curry and Kanom Chin. Can eat them, but only the first time's I tried them, just not my thing.

Also any dish where the meat (chickens) are just chopped up and thrown in and you nibble your way through your meal trying to get some meat off the bones and every so often a piece of chicken bone settles its self into your palate.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa: kanom chin, som tam pala, gung chae nam pla??? That's very unexpected to see here, those are awesome to me! But I will say it's a developed taste that I didn't particularly go for at first. They are the type things I figured if you knew enough to know them by name, chances are you'd like 'em. For me it's the exotics that remain a turn off like guts, bugs/larvae, dancing live shrimp, etc.

Yeah, meat on the bones is a bad fit. One of the most quaint things that makes you know you are in Thailand is when you go into kfc and see everyone busily sawing at their fried chicken with a spoon and fork.

Everything with Pla Rah in it basically.

I have no desire to develop a taste for something that tastes, smells and looks like rotten fish while providing an excellent opportunity to upset your stomach. Didn`t improve my appreciation one bit that I was granted the priviledge to watch how it was prepaired. ::

Add to that the Poo Dong, pickled crabs.

cheers

hua nguu

Neo,

Funilly enough I do like guts, Sai on, mmmm. Never was able to try the dancing shrimps, but they're high on my list of things to do.

Bugs etc, tried a few of them, pretty indifferent to them, don't like them don't dislike them.

Neo said:

...<snip>.. For me it's the exotics that remain a turn off like guts, bugs/larvae, dancing live shrimp, etc.

Yup...that about covers my dislikes...though I've tried them.

Also, I'm not a big fan of Som Tam...what is possibly the national Thai dish. Yet, I love very spicy food and have learned to cook a number of Thai dishes.

Guest lazyphil

i cant think of any thai food i dislike....however i very much dislike jack fruit which makes me want to through up, horrible stuff.

Archived