Do you pay less in low season to the girls?

SingaporeSteve

it is thai business logic to charge *more* when you have less customers, so that you'll get maximum profit from the few you have.

that said, I wouldn't say there's a trend of either lowering or raising asking body price in low season. I certainly wouldn't try to get away with paying less on that basis...I think that would be quite lame.

preahko

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, but some commodities have what are known as "sticky" prices when demand declines (there are reasons for this). If you paid a BG 1,500 during high season and she remembers, she will insist on that amount during low season.

It also seems to generally work in reverse; in other words, prices are also sticky going up. During high season, BGs will generally expect you to pay the same as you paid when it wasn't high season (I know a few exceptions). In practical terms, it means some BGs will avoid low paying regulars during high season and favor new guys; they feel more comfortable demanding a higher price from them.

Again, there are exceptions. Many BGs like regulars because they know what to expect; they are less likely to have an unpleasant encounter. If you both like a particular bar or game, that is an additional incentive for a BG to favor a regular. This is trade-off against the additional amount they might get with a new guy.

2000?? Jeez....I pay 1k low or high in BKK. If the girl does not want to go for that...so be it...Pattaya is 5 ST, 1k LT in Beer bars, and 1k ST in Go-Gos..

GS

Damn why are people always shouting when someone pays that or that amount???

to each one his tastes........

I usually pay around 3k sometimes more etc....(pegasus us far more)

but I will never criticize someone who pays 1k or nothing.....

Why this need to say "oh my god you are a *** to pay that"?

I think the idea is to pay "the going/market rate." If everyone starts paying too much, they will ruin it...some bars already, have girls demanding large sums and getting them from a certain clientel...the result is, they only want to go with those guys, and want tons of money from them...hence...other consumers get priced out of the market...

3K in a top end massage place, is not unheard of, or all that crazy...3K in a beer bar is...no need to over pay, the result/product stays the same...and over paying gives the girls unreal expectations from other customers...

Sure I agree that overpaying is an issue.

IMO: the right price always.

What I criticize is members telling other members "you are mad paying that" without having the full picture.....

I will never pay 4k in NEP but I admit having payed 8k for LT once but it was in a G club........got flamed for that.

Yes I never paid more thant 1.5k in a beer bar and never paid more than 3.5k in a gogo. (the 3.5k was once upon a time)

but I paid more in soi 33 or G clubs......To each one his tastes

but I am fed up of members (not you OH) saying.

I pay this.......why do you pay that without even knowing where and for what......

The reason I standardise the price is so that I never forget how much I would have given the girl before - often for me its a big gap as I dont get out that often anymore into Bangkok. At least this way, I always know what I have paid before for the simple reason it never varies.

Also I would pay the same for the girl wherever she came from, but in all liklihood it aint going to from a beer bar in Bangkok because I much prefer Aircon places which tend to be in Nana or SC. Hardly ever bother going to Soi 33 these days.

Cheers

I have 2 expats relations in BKK, great guys to hang with for a drink or going out.

One usually pays nothing except an occasional LD but he offers dinner, gifts etc.......and has no problem with his "girlfriends" being BG.

The other pays usually around 3k minimum up to 7-8k as he tends to hang out in soi 33 or G clubs.

So to each one his own way of mongering.....whatever the price

I think I pay 1,000 and sometimes 1,500. I have never paid 2,000. All LT. 'Though some seem to leave early. Sick cow and all.

Mostly I negotiate price up front and usually 1,000. If they don't like I politely ask them to move on. Always friendly.

And if I find one I like, I negotiate long LT. Days or weeks.

Some punters like the hunt while others like the results of the hunt. And some like both.

Archived