New Zealander stabbed to death

limbo

"They view the killer as the victim because the actual vistim did something wrong to initiate it"

This is true Its a funny way of looking at things but nonetheless its frequently the way they see things. Odd isn't it but not in this culture.

and yes this guy probably put himself ina bad place/ could not agree more. Was he at fault? No... but he was not thinking thats fo sure...

AND as i said before...

I cant believe this thread is so unendingly verbose :: :) :)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Sort of like the Brit couple in Kanchanaburi who were drinking with a notoriously corrupt police sergeant at 3 AM -- and ended up getting murdered'

2 People on Holiday get into conversation with a local and should KNOW he is a corrupt Policeman?.

fuck me,have i ever believed and spoken to a Girl who says she doesn't normally go with a Man for the Night..????????.

but what do i know?........i SHOULD have known that they were bad.

after all only in Thailand for a few Hours........i should have learnt all these things upon arrival.

<< 2 People on Holiday get into conversation with a local and should KNOW he is a corrupt Policeman? >>

Of course not. But an attractive young gal drinking very late at night with a strange man is a good way to get into trouble anywhere, even if her boyfriend was there.

Jitagawn,

While you might find it verbose, i think it is a good process for people to share their feelings about something very real and relevant and could easily happen to them. That is why this thread has continued...

I sense there has been a lot of concern (about the dangers in LOS lately) and it is interesting to see the range of responses and reactions to it...

People come over here to LOS to live their fantasy whether two weeks or permanently and things like how and the sheer numbers of falangs dying recently freaks some people out. It ain't suppose to be in the script...

It reminds me of the at movie "Westworld" where guys went live on a fantasy vacation kicking ass, air of superioirty, doing manly behaviors, living out their fantasies and nothing could go wrong; they couldn't get hurt. Great flick in the 70's/80's?

But then all of the sudden the robats/programmed environments started using real bullets and knives, fighting back and things went terribly wrong and the fantasy travellers were very vulnerable and ended up fighting desperately for their lives...

See some similarities between LOS and that picture, Westworld. How is that for being verbose?

If nothing else, if this thread creates greatness awareness or changes someone to become a little more cautious or careful in a future scenario and saves their bacon, then something has been gained.....

It could even be more useful than those state dept. warnings about dangers/secuirty levels in foreign countries!

CB

Archived