New Zealander stabbed to death

limbo

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
khunsanuk said:

CB, is this the same as a girl in a short skirt and thight shirt getting raped and people saying she was asking for it?

Exactly. What pisses me of is that in CB's and SD's book, people who aren't street savvy bring their bad luck upon themselves and in a way deserve what's coming to them. I never understood that mentality. ::

Absolutely not....

What you selected is in my book is a generalization that ultra conservatives and muslims feed off.

Look around BKK and chiang mai, i see thousands of what you described but hear nothing about scores are being raped? It is an accepted cultural norm, dress that is... A concept does not equate to a definitive end result.

A set of circumstances and a connected series of actions/poor decision (correct or wrong) leads to one's misfortunate. Opportunity leads to a demise not one isolated concept like dress...

I would have thought you would have picked females and hitchhiking in the 70's. I think that follows that same preconceived notion..

CB

Hi,

"A set of circumstances and a connected series of actions/poor decision (correct or wrong) leads to one's misfortunate. Opportunity leads to a demise not one isolated concept like dress..."

Ah... so all we need to add is "and walks home through a bad neighbourhood" and bang!, it's her own fault for getting raped.

Sanuk!

Hi,

So, are you saying that stupidity is valid justification for the victim deserving their fate? I.e. the perpetrator was just acting on the opportunity and if the victim hadn't been so stupid, the perp would never have committed the crime?

Sorry, Dog, but that don't wash with me.

Sanuk!

CB lets test your belief to see if it really holds water.

[color:"blue"]If my understanding of what you are saying is correct, from the things you write, people must be accountable for what happens to them. What happens to them is caused by them not being street smart.

[color:"black"]

If this is what you are saying then would you say the deaths of the people on the 4 hi-jacked planes of 9/11/2001 [excluding the terrorist] was caused by the victims not being street smart and that those people now must somehow take responsibility for what happened to them?

Another test: If a gang initiates a new member and the new member has to prove his worth by killing another person. They get in a car, drive thru a parking lot, see a person loading items into his car, andd the new initate shots him dead. What did the victim do wrong.

Another test is what could have happened when I though there was no bullets in a gun and it discharged. Fortunately the bullet did not hit anybody but if it did and somebody died, how in the world could have street wise have prevented the victim from getting killed? Also, how was the victim responsible for me firing the gun accidentally?

What I am getting at is what you said is only a part of the whole picture but is not the whole picture. There are more parts that have to be added to the picture.

I hope you do not come back and actually claim the passengers on the 9/11/2001 fatal flights somehow caused their own demise.[/b]

KS

No you are changing my words to saying the girl is stupid. She SHOULD be able to walk where ever she wants - but I am saying, sadly, that if a rapist is sitting in a dark park, two girls walk by, one dressed looking hot, the other looking mangy, which will he take? Most likely the one that turns him on. (Maybe the mangy one)

I Queensland Uni they had a lot of rapes from girls walking to their car park, a long way away, uni put in a bus, rapes stopped. Was it the girls fault, NO - BUT if a girl walks in a dangerous area, the odds are higher.

If I go to a dangerous area, the odds are higher, sad but true. Is it fair NO, is it likely to happen YES

Do you think if two females walk through a park, one a big fat girl, then the other a hot looking babe, in a really bad area, who willl get raped, you think no difffferece?

Hi,

"If I go to a dangerous area, the odds are higher, sad but true."

Right, not arguing that part, but what if one doesn't know which area is bad (i.e. no 'street smarts')? CB seems to imply that it would still be the victim's fault for going into those areas, eventhough the victim does not know they are bad.

There's a big difference with knowingly or not knowingly doing certain things (like walking down a dark alley in a bad neighbourhood). Lack of 'street smarts' should not be used as an excuse for blaming a victim.

Sanuk!

Archived