New Zealander stabbed to death

limbo

New Zealander stabbed to death

A New Zealand man was stabbed to death at own Bangkok apartment late Saturday night, police said.

Pol Captain Thanaphat Sookmee of Bang Khen police station said Leonard Timothy Healey, 32, who taught English at two schools in Bang Khen district, was attacked in front of his room on the tenth floor of PA Tower Apartment in the district at about midnight.

Thanaphat said Healy was attacked allegedly by Winai Saisudjai, 29, a friend of Healey's girlfriend, Jitladda Dejyosdee, 19.

The three have been drinking together inside Healey's room waiting to see the Brazil-France World Cup match.

Jitladda told police that Healey became angry that Winai asked to sleep with her so Healey told Winai to leave the room.

Winai, who appeared drunk, grabbed Jitladda and dragged her outside the room, she said.

Healey came into help her and the two men fought and Winai stabbed him several times.

Jitladda said Winai fled the scene and she carried Healey into his room to make a phone call for help from security offices of the building to help him to the hospital but he succumbed to the wounds.

The Nation 02/07/06

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

""Jitladda told police that Healey became angry"

there's the key phrase, you lose it in Thailand and you're asking for trouble. "

I'm sorry, but if having some guy ask you if it is okay to fuck your girlfriend isn't justification for getting angry then I do not know what is.

By the sounds of it Healey was killed because he tried protecting his girlfriend and if the story is correct than he didn't do anything to deserve getting killed. Even assuming the Thai guy was his GF's boyfriend and Healey was a moron for letting them come into his room.

Sanuk!

Poor bastard! My prayers go out to him and his family.

I would presume that he was dating someone from the wrongside of the tracks. I just can't imagine have a friend of my wife's ask to sleep with her then kill me over it. Play around with fire and expect to get burned! Seem many situations over the years, with fellow farangs that it could happen though.

Raises an interesting question. Lets say the thai guy is in fact her boyfriend. If I were Healy's brother, or father, I might see to it that the girl is also held responsible. I would not be amused even slightly that this girl got Healy killed.

Is this the tuype of situation where the assused confess quickly and they are tried and sentenced within a month's time? Or is that reserved for cases where obvious foreign tourists are involved?

Archived