Klong Travel

zob65

This may have been posted before but I was wondering anyone have good experience traveling via the Klongs in LOS?

I live out Rama III way next to the river and I know of the klong that runs along Pantip and parallels Sukhumvit for a while. So I have always though it would be easier to catch a boat to these areas during grid lock. But have no Idea where to catch it or where to get off.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should get the map with the bus routes. You can clearly see the canals. There are stops (piers) every place where a major street has a bridge over the canal.

The one I've taken most runs paralell to New Patchaburi Road from Rachadamari to Ban Kapi shopping center.

Just hail down a big boat and tell the conductor where you want to go and pay him. The tricky part is not falling in the water when getting on or off, at stops between terminals.

It's a real easy walk from Pantip to the canal boat terminal at Rachadamari. The terminal is right under the bridge. If you want to go to the Nana Hotel, tell the ticket seller. Nana Nua. Get off under the Nana Nua bridge and they'll be a moto stand there for 20 Bt.

You can save a lot of time but it takes a little practice to know your landmarks as to where to get off.

You're speaking of the klong sang saeb. It's a very efficient means of crossing town. Saphan Hua Chang is a convenient pier just between Asia Hotel and the Siam Discovery Center. There is another handy pier under the soi Thong Lo bridge just before Petchaburi Rd.

While enroute, there is also a 'tricky part' to keep from being splashed by the wash as you pass other boats. They normally rasie the blue plastic sheeting along the sides to counter this...

I will have to waste a day and try it out, getting lost will be half the fun. I plan to get a boat from Rama III as there is always a couple hanging around, to the nearest water taxi stop then try to get to pantip.

Is there a stop before Pantip that would closest (short M/C taxi ride)to Soi 22 Sukhumvit or Emporium ?

Archived