House By The Pond & / or ehotelbooking.com

texascity

lub dis forum.

senior dog, sir, you, your knowledge & your posts are of the 'Thai-master' quality level ..

expat knowledge with comapssion for 'short timer' stupidity.

& BTS walkability is of prime import .. motobikes scare the heck of of me .. a broken limb in Bangers could present some less than pleasant options.

was in a major standing water situition near the train station once .. taxi almost needed pontoons.

I need a serviced apartment .. GP meets my location / perceived status needs.

suggestions?

I've stayed Jasmine severtimes, Lake Point .. had a 5k 'serviced room' ekamai soi 23.

except perceved status, I found all acceptable .. actually LTers & non-bgs like the 5k location ok.

Lake Point's lobby / rooms get the best reaction, bg & non bg alike.

I just decided the 'white starched uniform saluting door men' make me a little uncomfortable ..

docthai reported 'financial irregularities' (non rerfunded deposit)

& another poster reported over charging his credit card at GP?

Your thoughts ..

am I in potential jeopardy providing cbremanagement.com my information over the phone?

via fax?

secure server?

another poster has reported 'agency scams' but declined to name the offending agency.

tourist pays the agency but hotel declines the agency's voucher.

Is this a common occurance?

quote:

"docthai reported 'financial irregularities' (non rerfunded deposit)"

Closely related.

I moved out of an apartment. Before I moved, the management of the apartment said there would be no problem getting my deposit back. Fine. When everything was moved out of the apartment and was in the truck, I went back gave them my security card and key. No problem. I asked for my deposit and they said I would have to pay the last month's rent and sign a new contract. Looked at the contract, it said I had to pay at least 4 months rent before I could break the contract. Bad.

Glad I did not pay the last month's rent. They hounded me as much as they could for the rent, but nothing they could legally do until 1 month had expired. It is better to fuck then be fucked.

don't be seduced by their "showcase building" with the burbling "pond". they will most likely stick you in the drab (but functional) high-rise around the corner. one of my students stayed there for a month a couple years ago. okay value I guess for what you get, fairly swank, but way too rich for my blood!

preahko

I'm up to 45-50k per month to have a room acceptable for other than sleeping.

I will meet with several non-sukhumvet-ers.

the 40k GP 'studios' with one (1) chair & DVD player are stupid.

the 32" LCD TV w/ DVD is a STUPID ammenity in Bangers .. watch TV in Bangkok? .. 24 / 7 movies are live at street level.

I was in bangers just after the US Navy plane was forced down on Hainan Island in '00 .. was in the air that morning coming from HK .. flying 'right over' hainan .. at the same time the 'US spy plane' was being forced down by the Chi-Com MIGs ..

I did not even know it had happend until I was flying home 3 weeks later!

= 0 TV time.

the HK papers with non US version of the events were a big hit in LAX!

POed some hard core US firsters ..

I'll be out of bangers 1/3 my LOS time .. the apartment will act as a storage locker for 10 - 15 days of my 45 on your side of the date line.

actually, I like Nana. but, it is so embarressing to tell ANYONE I'm at the nana ..

I hesitate to tell a russian street walker I'm at the nana.

... the 3 am Nana room service hamburgers may be worth the embarressment.

as I was departing last visit, my friend who offices Chitlom, stopped by Nana for a departure breakfast .. she was so obviously not Nana material that the front desk staff gave her a breakfast 'cupon' when they rang my room!

will probably go back to Lake Point .. studio has a couch & it is far enough removed from Cowboy to be respectable & close enough to make a post dinner scamper..

tivo-ed a 'music documentary' that brought you to mind .. no, not acapella John Holmes ..

"festival express".. about a train trip across Canada by a post woodstock, '70, touring festival.. dead, band, janis .. buddy guy .

"riding that train" + a band standard were composed on that multi day hedonistic train ride..

stopped the train some where in alberta, went into the small towns liquor store .. cleaned um out & back on the train ..

aaallll ah-booooord ...

video of young hunter & garcia jamin with levon & janis + buddy's horm section . on the train .. combined with circa 2000 interviews with the greying players

I stayed at House By The Pond for 6 months a few years ago. It's ok, nothing fancy but priced right. Furniture was a bit dated. Getting to Suk is not much of a problem. Motorcycle taxi are on the corner of Soi 22 and I just waved them down.

Archived