The Virgin Trade

chuckwoww

Very little research or effort needed when in Pattaya to get video and information of the nightlife. Not exactly a shocking story Well, maybe he'll do better next time
Because it would stop every 20 seconds to download more data, it took quite a long time to wade through this production - I gave up about after a few minutes and only saw the beginning. What I saw looked pretty lame and 'preachy'.

But I have had to work with NGOs before (not in this area, but on free trade and open market issues), and many seem to be driven by agenda rather than reason. Earnest, amiable, very naive and not particularly bright. We all think it is lame, but some NGO back in the US might take this seriously. Not much we can do about it, but interesting to know this out there.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny he has not where to contact him, maybe he knows he will get taken to court if some people find out they where filmed, I know if I was on a web site video in Thailand I would take him to the cleaners. Like one time I was on my bike in Pattaya with a beautiful girl behind me 20's, 3 newbies from Isral in a Bhat Bus started taking video I told him to stop he did not so when we took off from the traffic lights, I can up along side the Bhat Bus and smacked him in the head with the palm of my hand, guess what he dropped the camera and broke it I felt so sorry not and took of on my merry way.

:neener: :neener: :neener::beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

The guy said he and his GF went to thailand to study the evil sex tourists and blow the lid off the sex slave trade. After going he realized that "things are more complicated than that."

In other words he barfined a few hot babes which resulted in a more subtle view of thai girls LOL. And probably a row with his GF.

Can we really blame the farang kids for believing thailand is full of whores? That is what the media tells them day in and out. And you have the UN's propensity to throw around astronomical estimates of rate of prostitution in thailand or any third world world couintry with no real stats possible so they can get away with any estimate that suits them.

One interview showed a guy a farang about 55 or 60 years old saying with some bitterness "Its the old story: No money no honey." Brilliant analysis. Wonder which one of us that was???

the_numbers said:

Broad strokes... ohhhhhh so broad... Based on the website I'd have to say this film will really dispel some myths about the Thai sex industry given the amount of research put in :grinyes:

theNumbers

Slick webpage.But kinda reminds me of a Bank. Gleems the money out of the innocent than loans it back but with a huge profit.

The page serves as a prime example of script kiddies. Flawless integration is suppose to make the surfer think the content is true.

Greedy cunts.

Shit.

Very lame effort, I dont know what he was trying to achieve or its just a wind up. I know one of the ladies who was in it who owns a small bar near soi10 and shes sitting with one of the Kings group managers. I shall pass it on to them Im sure they will be impressed.

Yep, it relies on hype and bullsh*t...the newspaper section is just typical....with all the quoted figures for underage prostitutes etc...having lived here for a long time i've never seen anything really bad like that...but that's what they appear to be focusing on to create a stir...exploitative to say the least! innuendo, rumour and gossip....the irony being of course that such activities exist in the west and governments, such as the UK's have consistently cut child protection budgets for decades....i know i used to work for them! And believe me there is a huge problem in the so called developed world...but lets avoid that, post up articles to generate some hype and media interest and watch the money roll in....and thereby reinforce the distorted image protrayed to western audiences.....and thus it continues....

People like these 2 idiots should be sued for their poor reporting, but i bet they get a career out of it......

A little research reveals the following, and judging from the last sentence, I think he probably shagged a couple of BG's, f'ing hyprocrite

Filmmaker Stuart Kershaw and his producer/partner Samantha embark on a 6-month adventure through Thailand?s red light district to investigate the largest sex industry in the world. Their exploration of international sex tourism turns expectation on its head, in a shocking journey that is as brutal in its honesty as it is unexpected in its conclusions.

Once known as ?the world brothel? Thailand developed a reputation as the hunting ground of sexual deviants and abusive systems of patriarchy.

But who?s to blame? Who decides 'right' from 'wrong'? In Bangkok, Western convention leaps out of the window and clichés abound. Are parents selling their children into brothels to finance lavish Western lifestyles? Or do orphans fill the demand - smuggled into sex-work after disasters like the Tsunami? Stuart and Samantha bulldoze a host of Thailand?s urban myths whilst viciously affirming widespread exploitation and deceit.

Shadowing punters, prostitutes and the movements of U.N. agencies, Kershaw challenges the conventional rationale with a polemic that is as compelling as it is controversial. From a government supposedly enjoying the $6.7 billion dollar fruits of it?s tourist sex trade, to the charities that promote inflated trafficking stats to bolster international funding, the contradictions spiral as the film questions what precisely it means to be a prostitute. And when Stuart takes two bar girls on vacation to find out, he gets more than he bargained for, in a discovery that proves naiveté is only one removed from disaster.

Stuart Kershaw

In the Dark Productions

27 Meynell Crescent

London

E9 7AS

stu@inthedarkproductions.co.uk

+44 (0) 7817803824

Fax: +44 (0) 208 9857194

Are you suggesting we bombard him with emails teilling him what a wanker he is? or should we wait, and actually go see the movie first? Frankly, I would go and see this if it was playing around here. Most likely the usual crap, but it would be fun if it was the opposite, and actually helped dispell a lot of the crap...hey, maybe we should make one like that...

Guest lazyphil

He spelt Bangkok, Bankok 'my trip to Bankok to Chang Mai' if you look under 'journey', super slick website (be it cringe inducing) and makes a silly mistake :: ....this is some sort of joke isn't it this website?

Archived