The Virgin Trade

chuckwoww

I don't think guys like Stu have a point of view really. They start out all righteous, do yet another 'cutting-edge expose' of sex in Thailand, then they discover it's got a lot of different faces. The bottom line is to create something to sell to TV and titillate a few couch potatoes. :)

But I haven't seen the whole movie so it could be a brilliant original in-depth study of the human condition for all I know.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chuckwoww said: But I haven't seen the whole movie so it could be a brilliant original in-depth study of the human condition for all I know.

Based on what I've seen I doubt it. Documentry makers are an unusual lot. They never usually give you teasers they rather wait until the project is complete and to their satisfaction before releasing. Which is why I think this guy has "wanker" written all over him

I guess sometimes there is a story in there somewhere......just not sure who the subject is....often the film maker themselves I think subconsciously. I personally prefer investigative journalism. While some documementaries are great, I am always pleased to see something exposed that many have put a lot of effort in to hide.

He would fit right in with the 99% lightweight amateur reporters that infest the US media.

He's seeking the most easy convenient path to greater fame or riches, and looking at his promo again, seems like a pretentious, preachy douchebag.

I doubt he could even work for Lonely Planet :: as he would be too lazy to put any effort into an original project.

Thanks for these great trailers, I shall investigate these one by one and hope to save these dear unfortunate women ;)

My goodness, lets all hope that these do-gooders can rid the world of prostitutes and their customers, because they are so much more threatening to world order than getting rid of nuclear,biological or chemical weapons :grinyes:

Archived