Kidnapped & Robbed by the Thai Police

Fidel

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fidel,

Yeah, that is what struck me right off. Why post it there? Why not on NanaPlaza.com, ThaiVisa, Stickman, etc. But, it could make a good book. :D I think it's a writer testing out his story for plausability. Or maybe as someone said, someone trying to damage the LOS for some reason? But that would be an awful lot of work to do that, and again, why on a story site to do that? ...Fiction.

Cent

Though it was submitted as a "True Story".

A couple of months back I was trawling through the classifieds on bangkoktonight.com :o

There was an advert seeking information on the guys who are identified as culprits in this story. It didn't mention specifically what they had done.... nothing about the scam or kidnapping but the same names and descriptions. This would have been shortly after he claims it happened.

That seems a little bit above and beyond , doesn't it?

My imagination is a little fertile at the moment anyway.. being stuck in Pakistan with no women and only one shitty type of beer that I have to drink at home..

Fidel,

how do you define a "true story"? For me it's just a good story like Hemingway's, maybe based on facts but of course changed and bettered. The opposite is not not an untrue story but a bad story. :)

Fidel,

"That seems a little bit above and beyond , doesn't it?"

Yes, it does. A lot of work went into writing this story, whether true or not. But, why then not post the story on BKKTonite itself? Where, if he is wanting to warn expats living in Thailand is he most likely to find his true intended audience? A writing website? Or BKKtonight, NP.com, TV.com, Stick, etc.? Odd to say the least if this is a true story and he is actually trying to warn others.

That is why I feel it is fiction, but it might have some basis in truth. Hell, if something like this were to happen in Thailand it would be easy to believe it happening.

Let us know if this story pops up elsewhere or ends up in the papers somewhere will you?

Cent

Archived