Kidnapped & Robbed by the Thai Police

Fidel

I stumbled across this true story on writing.com, I've actually come across appeals for information about the people involved in this scam on other Thailand related message boards. If this story is true it is very scary, even if it isn't true it still makes for an interesting read.

If you visit the link below you'll find links to the photos and police sketches of the culprits, including foreigners. Maybe someone knows some of these guys...

[color:"green"]

I hope that all foreigners reading this story will understand how dangerous Thailand has become. This story is a warning to all foreigners: It is dangerous to visit Thailand as a tourist, or to live in Thailand permanently as a business investor, or as a retired person.

I am a foreigner that has lived and resided as both a businessman and as a retired person in the Kingdom of Thailand continuously for four years. I was kidnapped at 2:00pm on Monday afternoon, the 20th of March 2006. I was illegally apprehended on the street at a sidewalk café, the Marketplace Starbucks at Thonglor, in Bangkok, Thailand. That location is close to the Thonglor Police Station and is also close to the Thong Lor skytrain station. I was released at approximately 11:30pm on Monday night, 03 April 2006.

I was held for 15 days and 14 nights. Over $418,000-USD (approximately 16,723,200 Thai Baht) was stolen from me by the Thai Police and their foreign gangster associates.

[/color]

Read on

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt this story...if it did hapen, I think it would have been more publicized in the guys home country press, and also, as was noted, it would have happened more than once, and there would have been more talk of it...but hey, who knows...? Additionally, it sounds to me like the guy was involved in a shady deal to begin with...with shady people...transfering money between parties...Romanians? Bahamas, Just sound shady at best.

"The Thai police know who Kevin is because of his trouble with the law over drugs. Kevin has a prison record in Japan for drug smuggling and he has continually been a drug user in Thailand. "

My gut is to believe this story but the above was the beginning of the end...and the loss of his money.

Sounds like he got royally f------- and then after they finsihed f----- him they went for more...

My thoughts exactly. Studies show that most people cannot even accurately describe what an offender was wearing minutes after a traumatic event let alone serial numbers on air conditioners.

If this happens to be true, I'm glad I'm not rich :)

"He has a small circular tattoo above his left wrist, blue-green colour, the pattern of the tattoo was like a circle inscribed about the letter ?A?, approximately 50 mm in diameter."

Hmmmm..........Sex Pistols fan perhaps...... :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

res2.jpg

Archived