Back from the brink

pe7e

Well, all went well with the triple cardiac bypass operation and I'm back home know, but unfortunately Iâ??m feeling like I've been given a good kicking, and also feeling very 'second hand'. But at this time the pain is different, and I think I will be fine when it eventually subsides, at least my brain seems to have its energy back, anyone who has experienced the extreme fatigue associated with blocked arteries will understand. I had the operation done in the UK at a brand new, state of the art cardiac centre, the care and facilities were fantastic. The first three days were spent in a private IC room with 24hr 1 on 1 dedicated nursing, the other 4 days on a well equipped 4 bed 'mini ward' again with dedicated staff. Contrary to what many believe, the NHS can and does deliver superb service. The only downside was the food, it was rubish most of the time and dishes like, sausage egg and chips, fish and chips, hard cheese and biscuits and cheese cake on the menu of a cardiac unit is bizarre to say the least. An interesting observation was the nationality of the staff.

Consultant surgeon.......Indian

Assistant surgeon........Indian

Anaesthetist.............Irish

Unit Doctor..............Chinese (FM)

Ward Sister..............Brit

Nurses...................1 Malay 2 Indian

Rehab Nurses.............1 Greek 1 Brit

Ward Waiter (yes waiter).1 African 1 Brit

Cleaning Lady............ Brit

If anyone is facing a similar operation and wants any info or advice feel free to contact me.

Archived