Question for Khun004 / Women

buffalo_bill

Sir ,

I have been following some of your posts recently and after I initially and wrongly thought you were the incarnation of a smartass I have now changed my opinion . Train tickets , language courses , mobile phones etc : you seem to be a man of careful preparation and thoughtful evaluation before you open your wallet , and prepard to share your experience with others , good man .

Now what makes me more than curious is that you are talking elsewhere about " my girlfriend " . What I would be interested to hear is how you decide for one of Siam's flowers as a man who obviously does not fancy uncertainties very much . How do you make sure your bird is worth Khun004 ' s emotional eruption . Please let us know .

BuBi

How do you make sure your bird is worth ...[snip]... emotional eruption.

Fair question.

And, thanks, buffalo_bill for your thoughtful reading of my posts.

Answer: Here in LOS, having a girl friend can be a business transaction, with mutual benefits to both parties.

Very little about it is "emotional" -- other than the fact that I very much enjoy her company.

For a middle-aged man, it's the best of all possible worlds:

all the benefits of a sweet, woman, companion; none of the aggravations of a traditional "relationship".

I was an employer (boss) for over 30 years.

In that span of time one learns what to look for in staff.

Hiring a long-term, girl friend is very similar.

She's been "with me" now for about 18 months.

This girl (age actually mid-30's) would make an ideal employee almost anywhere.

Has a "can do" attitude.

Makes suggestions to me on how to make things better.

When she sees something that needs doing, she goes ahead and does it.

Is neat, clean, and careful in what she does.

Is honest.

Is reliable - shows up on time and phones in if some delay.

And she's delightful in bed.

I pay her weekly.

Even if I am out of town, or she is "on vacation" up-country to visit her family, she gets the same salary from me every week.

She also works a "regular day job", in a small shop near where I live in Bangkok.

The extra money she earns from me helps a lot, but she's not dependent on it to live.

Our roles are clear:

I am the boss and she is my staff, not my "partner".

If there are decisions and choices, I make them.

I often ask for her suggestions, but the "buck stops" with me.

I do not discuss any plans for any "future relationship together".

A certain percentage of women employees "fall in love" with the boss.

That's happened to me, too.

It's part of my job to manage that.

A few months ago this girl announced that her family would be coming to Bangkok for a few days.

It was clear she expected I would accompany them for sightseeing and meals, etc.

I immediately announced that I would be going to Pattaya exactly those same days -- which I did.

I have zero interest in meeting any family.

My approach is that of employer/boss, not that of boy friend/suitor.

I hope that's a helpful answer to your question.

And I invite comment/critique on any aspect of this, either on the open forum or in private message.

I know that Thai women have a different interpretation of love. I should have worded my question more articulate.

To me it seems that this concoction of love and business can work out but the chance of giving her the sack is much bigger and easier to do than in an RT. She doesnt have any security. And she might end up 'old' and not taken care off. I guess I am answering my own question. She only thinks short-term so is not worried.

I know that Thai women have a different interpretation of love. I should have worded my question more articulate.

To me it seems that this concoction of love and business can work out but the chance of giving her the sack is much bigger and easier to do than in an RT. She doesnt have any security. And she might end up 'old' and not taken care off. I guess I am answering my own question. She only thinks short-term so is not worried.

western women associate love more into feelings and romance. Thai women having grown up in a constant struggle to survive associate love with being cared for financially.

A neat summary.

And those differences go very deep into the culture here.

Even Thai women from well-off families, who grew up in the midst of plenty, still yearn for a man to "take care me".

Archived