Tollway Speed Limit

bust

Who knows what the official speed limit is on the elevated freeway to Don Muang? Got nabbed last week at the toll both. Wanted to keep my licence and I had to pay B1000 within 15 days. Made a phantom phone call and told him I'd give him B500 for my licence back..he accepted. I was probably doing about 105 but was one of the slower cars. I know I would have been spotted as falang easy target but just curious as to what, if any the speed limit is.

The maximum speed allowed on the elevated tollways in Thailand is 110 Km/h (unless it's changed during the last 8 months).

If the police says, you are to fast, the you are to fast.

Last year the brownies stopped also our car on the highway. The brownie told us that we were to fast. (I driven) My GF insist and told him that we have the correct speed. After he recognise her as a neighbour, he let us go.

Some years ago, a bus driver which startet the ride from the Northern bus terminal was stopped by the police after ca. 300 meters. They told he was to fast, but he wasn't, he had to pay.

http://www.propertyshowrooms.com/thailand/guide/driving-in-thailand.asp

Only got stopped once for speeding, on the motorway between Udon and Khon Kaen. Must have been doing about 130. But this time I decided I didn't speak one word of thai, just kept talking english in a very surprised but polite tone. After about 10 minutes of trying to sheke me down, he got sick of it, and told me to move along.

Archived