Tollway Speed Limit

bust

If it was the toll booth just north of Don Muang, I've been nabbed there, it was a fairly sureal experience,he had wrap around sunglases and a scarf on so I did'nt see his face, I was'nt speeding, he insisted that the 'speed cameras' had caught me.He went on at lenth in broken english about his sister in Bradford and how sorry he was to inconvienience me at the same time speaking in a hostile manner in Thai to my missus.

I refused to pay the 500 and took him up on his offer to visit his station.That seemed to perplex him.

It ended with my missus giving him 100 baht and me being in a foul mood !!

JP

Who knows what the official speed limit is on the elevated freeway to Don Muang? Got nabbed last week at the toll both. Wanted to keep my licence and I had to pay B1000 within 15 days. Made a phantom phone call and told him I'd give him B500 for my licence back..he accepted. I was probably doing about 105 but was one of the slower cars. I know I would have been spotted as falang easy target but just curious as to what, if any the speed limit is.

I don't want to get into an argument but in my experience the general top speed limit is 90 km/h.

That is however only based on that many of the Thai limousine drivers keep the speed on the expressway at exactly 90.

Also, up here upcountry, there are some large signs explaining that cars can drive at a maximum of 90 km/h.

According to World Travel Guide however the speed limits are 60 km/h (37mph) in the city, 90 km/h (56mph) on main country roads and 120 km/h (74mph) on expressways.

Archived