Sunbelt asia or another broker?

drogon

When I was looking for a condo I first contacted Sunbelt by email and receieved no response. As second attempt netted the same result.

I then made a phone call and was told someone would get back to me that same day.

That was in January. I believe more than a day has passed...

• 3 weeks later...

Suadum's advice is spot on.

One should regard anything told or shown to you when buying a business as fiction until you are able to verify it.

I know Nui and Greg and they are solid, honest people AFAIK; but they also have an axe to grind like any other broker.

Yesp nice advice but I will not change my way of doing business simply because I move to BKK......

Check everything, try to know the law the best you can and then only trust people (with whom you are making business)

when you are 100% sure that the deal is a fair one.

(with the help of some reliable lawyer)

-> do not forget your glasses to track any little

conditions written in small caracters.

:grin:

And never put all your eggs in the same basket.

I went to their offices with a friend who was having them assist with a visa issue and was not impressed. The Thai female attorney assigned to him was 20 minutes late, conducted all his business in the waiting room in front of other people and frequently interupted their business, taking a constant stream of mobile calls.

The atmosphere of the place was pretty un-professional, Greg himself coming out one time, shirttails hanging out and interupting us with a question to the lawyer without so much as an "Excuse me"

My friend felt their fees were pretty expensive for the service he received.

Hi,

"My friend felt their fees were pretty expensive for the service he received."

Have to agree on dddave's assessment. We used their services before as well, but are no longer.

One of the things they did for us was our visas & workpermits, and I think their fees are too high for this (1,900 Baht to handle the 90 day notification - if I remember correctly -, which our secretary now does for about 150 Baht in taxi fees).

On top of that they failed to notify us that the girl handling our visas had quit and was replaced. If it hadn't been for my boss contacting them, he would have been too late in extending his visa. I'd say that with the kind of fees they charge, they should be on top of these things.

Sanuk!

I'm happy about the new location if it happens, I hate the elevator wait in the current place.

The elevator wait is about my only bitch about Sunbelt and I have used them for several years

for company formation, work permits etc. Always

did everything I asked them to do.

Greg is a great guy from america and his thai wife nui speaks better english than him :smirk:

Aloha Greg and Nui.

I have not done business with them but did have reason to email them once regarding one of their advertised businesses for sale. The context of the advert was something like this (numbers changed):

Sales - 5,000,000

Costs - 2,000,000

Rent - 1,000,000

Salaries - 1,000,000

Profits - 2,000,000

Thus, income of 5,000,000 but outgoings of 4,000,000 cannot leave profits of 2,000,000.

The reply was very uninterested, a bit like "so what". They even went so far as to say that they didn't check anything out.

Whilst I understand it is up to the prospective purchaser to undertake due dilligence, I think it is pretty poor of a professional company to not do simple maths rather than just getting the business on the books.

This was and is not a one off occurrance from this company.

Archived