Sunbelt asia or another broker?

drogon

I have used Sunblet Asia multiple times for my legal matters such as company formation, work permits, land-title deed searches, and some other minor matters. They have always done the work promissed in a timely fashion. Although I have never bought a property through Sunbelt, I would recommend using them as I see no reason why their service would differ in this matter from the others. Besides the good service, you can always count on them to have the right answers on almost any legal aspect relating to foreigners in Thailand.

Sunbelt is allright in my book.

If you know exactly what you want and it is something plain vanilla, I wouldn't hesitate to use them to do your footwork.

If it is something a bit fancy, not of the ordinary, then unless you are dealing with Greg or his wife, I'd payup and go to a top tier shop.

While all my personal experiences have been fine, I have heard a number of stories (both good and bad) about Sunbelt and it really depends on the person who is executing your work. As it will most likely be a rather low level Thai, then they may not be versed in telling you everything that you need to be told.

Having said all that, for the service they provide and the fee they charge for farangs, it's pretty hard to beat.

<>

If it is something a bit fancy, not of the ordinary, then unless you are dealing with Greg or his wife, I'd payup and go to a top tier shop.

I had some troubles initially but having said that they were very good at dealing with my farang style ultra-rudeness. Overall the experience has been a positive one. Gotta agree with you Gummi - once I started dealing with Nui (Greg's Wife) things got a lot better.

I have mixed reports, with the numbers leaning toward the "not happy" side, from guys who have used them. But I have never personally used them, so cannot say with experience.

However, the complaints came from the property/business sales side of things, where guy felt that Sunbelt at best were very casual in their sales pitch, and at worse, misleading.

All I can say, especially when buying a business, is that YOU must do the due dilligence and treat ANYTHING said by ANYONE as complete bullshit (but especially the seller or his rep) until you have verified to your satisfaction. I think that this is the root cause of the above complains.

Just remember: If you are a buyer, Sunbelt or anyone like them DO NOT work for you, but the seller...so treat them as such.

Cheers,

SD

Archived