Sending money to BKK

Bkkbound04

ATM.

It's that easy.

Set up a different bank account in home country and place just the money you want to send.

Give the person in Thailand who wants/needs the money the ATM card. Bingo !

Oh, and get two ATM cards. Keep one. Just in case !

:twocents:

I send small amounts of money to Bangkok on a reasonably regular basis, not to the b/g's though, have tried most methods, yet the best I think for me is still Western Union, online or at an agency, for AUS$20 fee, not so bad really, the money can be collected without hassle 15 minutes later. I did a bank to Bangkok Bank transfer last month, had no choice, it still cost $20 bank transfer fees my end and then the lousy Bangkok Bank deducted 100 baht standard fee as well as a 350 baht International Transfer fee from the amount, leaving the total 450 baht shy of the amount that I wished to arrive...nice of them to do that, I'll never use them ever again, especially as it took a good three business days to arrive at BKK, WU anyday!

I am wanting to send some money to BKK, I'm considerning Western Union and moneygram but their fees are steep have used a Thai company in tghe past but no longer remeber their details,does anyone remember them?

JP

If you are in the USA, the bank that you use locally ahould be able to wire the $$$ to Thailand at a rate much lower then W'Union. usually the bank charges between $20 ~ $50 USD for an international wire transfer.

NOTE: be 110% sure of all the receiving account info. I wired $$$ to Malaysia one time and the account name was slightly wrong and the $$$ was "stuck". My local bank in the USA was helpless and sadly informed me that I may lose the $$$ :( , which was scary but I finally got it straightened out. I used Citibank on the USA side and wired to a business account in Malaysia (the Malay had said the account was in his personal name, but actually, it was in his business name...oppps)!

I consider Western Union the worse. They charge an up front fee and give a poor exchange rate.

ATM transfers are okay for small amounts.

Bank to bank transfer I consider the best. I start the transfer in the Morning, the bank sends money transfer at 1:00 PM and it arrives in Bangkok when the receiver wakes up. With bank transfers, there is a good paper trail generated so it easy to deduct the money transfer and the cost of the transfer as a business expense.

I got hit with a $40 charge on a couple of million baht transfer form my US bank to my asia bank..

The kicker is my thai bank now wants to hit me 1,000B for every million baht in a cashier's check out of their account...

They got you coming and going...

CB

0.5% Charge US End

0.1% Charge in Thailand.

So what is your issue?

Archived