Buffets

khunsanuk

Anyone venturing up Chiang Mai way, a very inexpensive buffet lunch can be found at the Rattanakosin Hotel on Rattanakosin Rd., not too far from the river. The price was, as I recall, just 59 baht. Down side; one has to endure karaoke music (my first experience) and the hotel is a bit of a hike from Thapae Gate. I went there numerous times, not many farang. Get there before 12:00 when the office crowd starts to show up. They may also have a breakfast & dinner buffet, but I never made out at those times, so this should be confirmed. Last there in March so price may have changed.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I've got to rein it in, but I simply can't! I see these prices of 120 baht for breakfast and giggle. In the US it would cost at least 280 baht, but since I'm on vacation I have a zillion baht to spend so 120 is like a penny! I want TOP QUALITY first and PRICE SECOND (when I'm on vacation)! BTW, does anyone have a discount coupon for the Eden Club?

• 2 weeks later...

Not the thing I would do on a weekly basis, but the Sunday Brunch at Trader Vic's Marriott Resort is a "Must Try" experience as a once off.

I have family in from the UK sisters, Bro in Laws and my parents here for the first time so together with the wifes family 18 of us descended on there this sunday (its 3:30 AM and I have just woken up post lunch snooze) The spread is amazing, and the complimentry Beer, Wine, Champagne and Cocktails just kept on flowing.

At 1400 Baht / head, well 1120 a head using the wifes corporate card it isn't cheap, but all in all it is definately good value for the money and I would definatley recommend it for a once off special occassion.

In our case it was a Pre-Wedding Brunch, my folks meet her folks, even though we have been married (city hall registration) for a few years now we decided to have the "Family Ceremony" So in a few hours time we will be taking up recidence in the Dusit, Tuesday morning will be engagement ceremony and Tuesday Evening a 300+ Guest reception. If I survive all this I will make a post about it later on.

Tried an inexpensive buffet on Sunday in Bangkok:

Ariston Hotel Lunch Buffet. Take BTS to PhromPong station. Soi 24 is 25 paces from skytrain stair exit. Walk 5 minutes down Soi 24 and Ariston is on your left. Cost was 139 baht plus taxes. Total lunch bill came to 163 baht. Lots of selection, most with label. Pianist tinkling the ivories in the corner a bonus.

Archived